Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Display Driver Stops Responding

Every now and then, my screen will reboot and a message box pops up saying that my display driver stopped responding and has recovered. This started happening after I installed WampServer and DropBox. I can't explain it. Even when those programs are closed and I remove drop box from the tray I it still crashes. It might not even be related to those, but since the problem started after installing them I thought I'd mention it. The other day I upgraded my driver to the newest one (I don't remember the number of the top of my head, 285 something) but I still noticed later on it crashed. I'm writing this message now because for about the last hour its crashing an average about every 10 minutes.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

If its your laptop it might be nvidias powermizer. I use a program called nvidia powermizer to disable the feature.

Sorry, its not my laptop.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Always worth trying Microsoft's 'Fix it' when experiencing crashes and the like. Sometimes works, sometimes not.should be a section on errors and crashes, worth a look ,here; http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/Let them do it for you.If no luck, next I would then uninstall those 2 programs to see if they are in fact causing it.Ron.

Same problem here. It's very sporadic, I may go days without it happening ... then the driver may stop a couple times within an hour. It's usually when I using FireFox, it rarely stops while running FSX. I'm using NVIDIA driver 285.62 and NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.55. with profile settings quite high. I've scanned several forums for a fix and have not found one yet.

-- tazz

If this never happened until you started using 28X.XX drivers try 270.61 WHQL or 275.33 WHQL drivers.Choose the clean install option.Even if this happened after you installed some other application and before that the 28X.XX drivers were working try the 27X.XX drivers and see what happens.

Yeah I'll put dropbox on my laptop and see if that changes anything and report back. Unfortunately for the time being I need to keep WampServer on that computer because I'm in the middle of building a website for my business. When its ready to go live I can get rid of it I suppose.I tried the 27X.XX drivers when I was first trying to sort through my performance issues, and got terrible results with those.