Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

FS9 boost....

Evening all,I am about to head out for the night but i was hoping maybe someone could give me some pointers on things to do to improve visual and texture performance in the FS9 config....be great to get some real good improvement entries...Thanks

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Good luck with this one Brad. It's not that there are not plenty of ideas - there are just too many of them! Some of them work on some systems and not on others. To be honest, I have never been really convinced that any of them really made a difference on mine so I have reverted to the stock FS9.cfg except increasing Max Vertex for the newer mesh that is available...But I would LOVE to be wrong so I will be watching this thread with interest...biggrin.png

You should get a nice swath of opinions on these settings but this is what I'm using...hope you've got some heavy iron. I'm pulling 50fps (because I've got it locked at 50) with no hesitation or stuttering on the rig in my sig. Speaking of which you should post your system specs so all can have a gander at what you're in for :)Mark [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.0] // Change to suit your video cardMode=1920x1200x32 // Change to suit your native screen resolutionTriLinear=1[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=50 // Probably want to reduce this unless you have a fast boxTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TextureMaxLoad=10[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4[sCENERY]IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=0SUNGLARE=0LENSFLARE=0

Oh, here are the settings I'm using with with my NVidia card...MarkNVidiaInpsectorSettingsFS9.png

Evening all,I am about to head out for the night but i was hoping maybe someone could give me some pointers on things to do to improve visual and texture performance in the FS9 config....be great to get some real good improvement entries...Thanks
If you want the best tweaker( imho) then Flusifix is the name.(versions for both FS9 AND X) If you can speak German even better. If not then there is a help file to aid navigation through the various and LARGE amount of tweaks available (nearly all automatically done as well ,so no manual CFG editing required)I assume its still available and if so then I have found nothing to better it..All the well known and loved CFG tweaks are here but in one easy(ish the GERMAN language thing) to use package.AndyPS And its free to.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi

If you want the best tweaker( imho) then Flusifix is the name.(versions for both FS9 AND X) If you can speak German even better. If not then there is a help file to aid navigation through the various and LARGE amount of tweaks available (nearly all automatically done as well ,so no manual CFG editing required)I assume its still available and if so then I have found nothing to better it..All the well known and loved CFG tweaks are here but in one easy(ish the GERMAN language thing) to use package.AndyPS And its free to.
How does this work, ive downloaded it and read the very small english written bits but how do i go about letting it tweak my joystick and FS9 cfg etc?

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

HiHow does this work, ive downloaded it and read the very small english written bits but how do i go about letting it tweak my joystick and FS9 cfg etc?
I am afraid you will just have to take your time and go through the instructions provided. I did warn you that because of its German origins it might be a little difficult .There are all sorts of tweaks for your Aircraft CFGs ,Panel CFGs etc etc I cannot begin to try and explain in these forums how to use the program ,its a case of read up I am afraid (I hate that as well, so sympathies to you wink.png ) You yourself will not have to alter the various CFG entries manually, as you select the various supplied options these alterations will be applied automatically.If you really can't get to grips with the program then there is plenty of info on the subject of tweaking,here at AVSIM I am sure and any good FS site for that mattercheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077