Sign in to follow this  
monitron

Who's had an accident in their NGX?

I have. Not happy.I was on final for runway 01 ILS at Brisbane (YBBN) when stupid FSX vectored a Singapore 777 in on the same approach at the same time. I saw him come across the top of me and before I could move out of the way the NGX rolled over upside down and plunged to the ground. I couldn't do anything about it. We didn't collide and had about 100 feet separation. I don't know what happened.I had been flying with other traffic turned off. Yesterday I turned it back on for a change and look what happens.

........therefore I use RC4 Whistle.gif That takes care of this issue most of the time.To comfort you, they did catch the 777 Capt and it looked up that he was heavily drunkLOL.gif . / Leffe cool.png

I saw him come across the top of me and before I could move out of the way the NGX rolled over upside down and plunged to the ground. I couldn't do anything about it. We didn't collide and had about 100 feet separation. I don't know what happened.
This roll over thing is some FSX bug, it happens to me also when fooling around ignoring traffic, when they come up on me on approach as you explained the plane (all planes) do that uncontrollable roll of death. I haven't actually had it happen for me with the NGX as I guess I take more serious flights with it but have in other aircrafts.RC4 = Radar Contact 4, a ATC addon.

FSX traffic is getting turned off. I am most annoyed as my record in the NGX so far has been accident free.I will check this RC4 out.

Are you guys running ActiveSky (ASA or ASE?). It has a "wake turbulence" option that produces this effect when you have an encounter with an AI aircraft.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

FSX traffic is getting turned off.I am most annoyed as my record in the NGX so far has been accident free.
I've had one accident from which I have no idea on what happened. I was on cruise and suddenly the NGX just banked right and fell down of the sky.Of cause I turned the autopilot off immediatly and gave full ailerons in the other direction, but it didn't help and I fell the whole 35.000 feet from the sky and crashed into the ground.I have checked my speed (I beleave it was about M.78) and I did not have any noticable problem befor.I have seen a documentation on TV about a GOL 737 crashing in a similar way, but that one had a collision with a Embrear Legacy befor and lost half it's wing.So maybe a wing broke off due to the service based failures turned on. Not sure though.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

As mentioned above, the roll over is due to active skys wake simulation which should really be turned off (no fault of the devs but it is very poor)If not then it sounds like another case of Boeings unsolved rudder hardover problem.... Yea I know it only affected the classics.

Rob Prest

AP disengaged at 37,000 and with a 78knot crosswind, I was unable to regain control in the thin atmosphere, the aircarft went quite unstable, and It was all over before it evenstarted.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

While my rudder hardover comment was supposed to be a poor joke I do find it fascinating that all the 'if it ain't Boeing I ain't going' boys either don't know about it or keep quiet when mentioned.If those hardovers happened on the A3xx or MD11 there would be an outcry.... Sounding something like, if it ain't Boeing I ain't going.....,

Rob Prest

While my rudder hardover comment was supposed to be a poor joke I do find it fascinating that all the 'if it ain't Boeing I ain't going' boys either don't know about it or keep quiet when mentioned.If those hardovers happened on the A3xx or MD11 there would be an outcry.... Sounding something like, if it ain't Boeing I ain't going.....,
If you have an hour to spare - it's a heavy-going piece of serious journalism - I recommend this film:
Note particularly the cross-examination of the FAA's chief safety investigator, starting at about 44:30. In the UK, this ALONE would have been a national scandal, whatever the rights and wrongs of the underlying safety issue. The fact that it attracted seemingly ZERO publicity, is a disturbing reflection of the prevailing deference and un-inquisitiveness of the modern US press and hints at the danger of allowing patriotism/nationalism to deflect attention from awkward allegations.Tim