Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

Xplane 10 demo is out

Thanks for the HU. I will surely try that one since Aerosoft is on board and we may finally see some X-Plane stuff getting done on greater scales.

I have 3kb/s avg. estimated at 32 hours to complete. I think I will wait a week.

The torrent have sped up for me, the speeds are acceptable now, at least i'll get the demo today. I imagine its far better than direct download from their swamped servers

I feel terrible; my torrent finished in 2h12m. happy.pngI'll install on a clean and modest PC tomorrow and hope to avoid the screaming heebie-jeebies when cross-comparing.

I have it, testing now... not really impressed though - performance is good with hundreds of cars and all, but graphics are quite low, and if you push them, performance drops like flies. And that is not a bad system I got... 30fps with most default settings, now trying to see what I can get out of AA. But in the end, what can I expect from OpenGL.And come on, 10 minutes on the joystick, seriously?? What can I do in 10 minutes!!!??

You can do that Srdan!Watch the whales dancing for ten minutes!! :--)))))

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What!!? Not planning on downloading the demo for now and know very little about x plane. was that a video of the sim using trackir? and is that really a DC10 going for a swim? :)Backtracking on that runway would be fun!

Rob Prest

No TIR, shooted with my iPhone.:--)It's outside the demo zone (KSEA and LOWI), that's why we only see a runway.Because they have no scenery where to taxi the liners are going for a swim!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

No TIR, shooted with my iPhone.:--)It's outside the demo zone (KSEA and LOWI), that's why we only see a runway.Because they have no scenery where to taxi the liners are going for a swim!
Lol, most awesome!!!It kind of looks like xplane is trying to mimic orbx, but fails tremendeously.What we need is a good basic sceney, like fsx or flight provides and well made set of tools to develop for it.Does xplane provide that?

There are some very positive results around the web but then again to each his own. I would suspect that unlike my FSX setup, which HT is off, X-Plane I would assume would be enabled. Well I hope there becomes some positive posts. There has been considerable hype over the past few months. I looked at some of the videos and there was considerable attention on highway/freeway and road traffic in general. It does look nice, the dynamic lighting and all, but I was hoping for more postings about flying. I guess with the demo everyone is posting what is important to them. I guess we just wait and see.Bob

Can someone please confirm the size of the final download for me?Seems I may not have it all.

I am within an hour or so of download completion. If no one answers b4 that I will chime back in for you.Bob