Sign in to follow this  
Dave Morgan

Avro Anson for FS9

Liam R's Blenheim pics posted a couple of weeks ago prompted me to dig this plane out of my archive. The quality of some of the screenies posted here make these look rather dowdy but I had fun making them.It's Dave Garwood's Avro Anson Mk1, No. 5 Air Observer School for FS9, with additional lights and gauges, along with:Italy Photoreal scenery series by Fulvio MazzokanPablo Diaz' High Definition Environment v. 2 (just the clouds, sky colour and reflections)FS Metar (WX for 2011 July 26 00:00Z) with registered FSUIPCWith apologies to Dave Booker and Saverio Maurri, who made the original panel and gauges. I've modified things quite heavily to make a plane for use in Air Hauler. So heavily in fact that by HRCR standards it may no longer be an Anson, just a replica...Given that we flew from Annecy, over the Alps and down the Italian coast to Catania, the navigator's confusion is no surprise.The plane handles like a barrel containing one part sand, one part water and one air. Landing with full flaps and gear down is like trying to balance the barrel on one shoulder while standing on a floating log, which is to say it's a superb teacher of defensive and anticipatory flying. Despite, or possibly because of that, the plane is fantastic fun to fly.Wish the weather was always like this...D

Hi Dave,charging by his posture I guess the navigator just realised he´s got the wrong set of maps laugh.pngI love those shots and this old plane is truly amazing. Last pic could be a postcard.Regards from Graz,Werner

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Great shots, Dave! Ansons might not be pretty, but they sure trained a lot of aircrew.

John G.