Sign in to follow this  
deathcom4

STARTUP and SAVING ISSUE FMC

It appears I cannot save my PMGD 737 in the CLD&DRK state or SAVE my Panel State;the Introduction tutorial states the following;"STARTUP PANEL STATE: This prompt allows you select asaved panel state that you would like the simulation to use asyour default panel condition every time the simulation islaunched. For example, if you were to select a Cold and Darkscenario as the STARTUP STATE for the airplane, you will bepresented with that cold and dark panel state whenever andwherever you choose the load the NGX."At this point a launch the PMDG I go to the FMC and click on Startupstate LSK4R, and I select CLD&DRK followed by Exec. I now assume that's my default state as mentioned above in CLD&DRK. When I end the flight and then start another one the entire plane just goes through it's regular start up procedures as if nothing was ever saved as a default state,, the startup states again shows nothing.I'm also having issues saving my Panel states. I go through some of the start up procedures, click on panel state save LSK1R, I save the current panel using the CDU giving it a file name, push LSK1L and click on "return to setup. At this point if I go to load Panel state, nothing is presented, it's asif nothing has been ever saved, no saved panels. It appears I'm unable to save anything. Can anyone assist?, I've gone through the introductory lessons and it apears I'm doing everything it says. Any help would be greatly appreciated.I let all systems go through their initial initializations before clicking on anything, so that's not the issue.

What is your name?,"I'm also having issues saving my Panel states. I go through some of the start up procedures, click on panel state save LSK1R, I save the current panel using the CDU giving it a file name, push LSK1L and click on "return to setup."Did you press EXEC?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What is your name?,

Best Regards,

I'm also having the same trouble with the panel states. I make my changes but they don't get saved. Hoping for an esy fix. Regards, Greg
Greg,Try it again and write down the steps you do .. then we can take a look and see what's up.

Best Regards,

If FSX is installed to the C:Program Files ... folder and Windows User Account Control (UAC) is not disabled, you may run into many issues with config files editing, and not just with the NGX. Windows security kicks in and prevents editing of the files inside that folder unless you have unrestricted access, like running as admin with full privileges.

Yes, that was my trouble. I got it going on now. I remember intending to put the FSX into C:FSX but I accidently let it start to C: program files... but it was too late. Then since I did that then I put the PMDG 737 there too. Friends, DO NOT put any of the FS products into program files. Tanks for the help and I'll be back. Regards, Greg

Figured it out, I wasn't logging in as the administrator. When I launched FSX as administrator it saved my panel states.should fix the issue :)