Sign in to follow this  
Rusty10

Expert(s) Needed

Hi everyoneI have been flying the NGX since release and have been learning (or trying to learn!) the systems and its complexities.One main issue I have continually had is my Saitek Throttle and A/T issues where the A/T disconnects at various points (even though I have disabled the manual override) if I move the levers slightly A/T will re engage(?) so anyone else have a fix (I have aregistered copy of FSUIPC and have calibrated using this)My new issue that has me well and truly confused is this:Aircraft set up from C&D. Flightplan entered, fuel loaded and fully configured, taxi, take off and climb no issues until I reach TA and the aircraft will not climb using VNAV Alt/Int pressed still no joy. IAS stays the same also (Pitot heat on). Have tyried entering The only way I can climb the aircraft is V/S then Alt Hold. A/T will not advance IAS tho'?This happened earlier in the week was fine then happened again last night?No failures reported in the CDU...Any experts have any help/advice/recommendations for me please :0)Thanks and have a great day!

Russ Bailey

EGJB

Remember with saitek yokes, after you load into FS you should unplug then replug your controller

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Remember with saitek yokes, after you load into FS you should unplug then replug your controller
Since when?

Dave Taylor gb.png

News to me, and I've NEVER done this. I sometimes get an AT disconnect during departure, but I get that whatever hardware I have plugged in. I think it's more to do with user error in my case;-)

Since when?
News to me, and I've NEVER done this. I sometimes get an AT disconnect during departure, but I get that whatever hardware I have plugged in. I think it's more to do with user error in my case;-)
I have to because when I check the position of the ailerons I usually get a mid right "bank" from the yoke, unplugging and replugging fixes this,For captain sim aircraft this is mandatory,Alex

Alex Ridge

And why would that be good for?Bert Van Bulck

I have to because when I check the position of the ailerons I usually get a mid right "bank" from the yoke, unplugging and replugging fixes this,For captain sim aircraft this is mandatory,Alex
Most experienced simmers test their controls up to full deflection long before takeoff, just as they do in reality. I think you will find that, if you do this also, you won't need to play around with your plugs any more. Whistle.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Oh Dear, sounded like we were all 'agin' you there Alex, sorry mate. I think perhaps it just took us all by surprise we hadn't heard it before;-)

I have to because when I check the position of the ailerons I usually get a mid right "bank" from the yoke, unplugging and replugging fixes this,
I see what your saying. By disconnecting and reconnecting the stick it centers itself. But there is an easier and better way. While your sitting on the ground at the gate either go to FSX Controls and calibrate or go back to the destop and then to Control Panel and Game Controllers an calibrate there. If you have any Buttons or AXIS assigned in FSUIIPC also good idea to go in and test 2 or 3 buttons which refeshes FSUIPC. This way you know everything is ready to go before pushback. Waiting until your on the runway taking off or climbing is the wrong time to find out your not calibrated.

Huh?
Most experienced simmers test their controls up to full deflection long before takeoff, just as they do in reality. I think you will find that, if you do this also, you won't need to play around with your plugs any more. Whistle.gif
Oh Dear, sounded like we were all 'agin' you there Alex, sorry mate. I think perhaps it just took us all by surprise we hadn't heard it before;-)
Guys,It is just a simply config problem with SOME people's computers, I get it, so what, I do check the flight control surfaces and sometimes they are way off centre, just taking out the usb plug and putting it back in[5seconds] is all you do to fix it,I don't know why I have received so much reaction.. wooweee

Alex Ridge

Tryed to make the pics a bit clearer as it was hard to make anything out on the small pics.lm1u.jpglm2r.jpg