Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

Visial Glitch

Guys, I need Your help this time...I know there is nothing we can do with autogen popping up (no matter the LOD), but this is little different. Please take a look at the photos, the arrows will tell You everything:LOD was set to 4,5 on first one, on second it is set to 6,5This is GTX580 with 285.62 driver, connected to TH2Go.When I get closer, the Runway Edge Lights appears, and the blurriness from the first post moves forward. It is like a fixed distance from the aircraft. Outside view gives pretty much the same result. There is no SmallPartRejectRadius tweak in 'Scenery' section.Any help would be welcome!

Guest firehawk44

Play with the mesh and texture resolution sliders. Moving the mesh resolution to the right should clear it up but too much will put it on a plateau. The SmallPartRejectRadius tweak would not fix this issue even if it was in the scenery section. The LOD radius slider only shoulds the level of detail in a radius around the aircraft. The larger the level of detail radius, the further out from the aircraft detail will be rendered.Best regards,Jim

Thanks firehawk44 for the clue. Texture res is set to 4096, mesh is set to minimal settings (10 cm AFAIK, far to the left), so this is not the main reason for this glitch. Any other fsx.cfg settings?

Thanks for the tips - I have moved from 1m to 7cm , plus mesh from 10m to 1m but still the same...I will try to produce new fsx.cfg for a quick test, but I don't think it will cure my lights.

That's funny... The reason for not sharp textures was too low anisotropic filtering. So it was not sharp at constant angle (rather than constant distance as I wrote before).If anyone have a lot of blurry textures, please try to increase the filtering level.