Sign in to follow this  
honanhal

FS Dream Team Sale: which scenery to get?

Hey all,FS Dream Team is having a 50% off sale on everything but LAX (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/354694-50-off-at-fsdreamteam-until-the-28th/). I already have most of their airports, but I love a bargain! I'd like to get people's input on which of these airports to get: Dallas-Fort WorthFort LauderdaleLas Vegas McCarranAll of them are mostly domestic US airports, which isn't really my favorite setting, but now with the PMDG NGX I'm more interested in domestic short hauls. Basically, though, I'll get whichever one is the best done--highest quality, fidelity, performance, what have you. If it's artfully executed I'm sure I'll use it. So, which one do you all think is the best?Thanks!Best,James

Well, Dallas and LAS are very good in my opinion. Not that hard on FPS with my system and the NGX.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Well, you could have my problem...the sale is pretty useless since I already own all of their sceneriesWorried.gifAnyway, you're not going to go wrong. Personally, I find LAS to be one of my most used airports, but that is in apart because it's in close proximity to LAX. Some nice short flights so I can get more departures and arrivals in a shorter time frame. There is a very nice freeware scenery of the Vegas strip that is nice to add some atmosphere and if you like RNAV approaches and departures, LAS has it's share. DFW is one of their newer aiports and is particularly gorgeous (although, they're all very good regardless). Unfortunately, if you're going to fly almost exclusively between high quality add-ons (which I do), there not a lot else near DFW and it makes for some longer flights. FLL is again a top notch scenery and I do own it, but I just don't fly to Florida all that much to give it it's fair use.So, if you're going for pure looks I'd probably say DFW (remember, they're all great). However if you fly anything like me, I'd probably pick based on the region you'd plan to fly in more often.

Eric Szczesniak

Man, great deal. I'll be picking up LAX, Hawaii airports 2 and Zurich to complete my collection. Enjoyed all of their airports especially LAS and KDFW and one of my favorites of theirs isn't even an airport - XPOI. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

WOW!I just bought DFW, LAS, LAX, Chicago and Fort L for $99!!!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Awesoem deal. I got New York JFK, Honolulu, Zurich and Chicago v2.0. Now to get working on integrating Chicago into aerosoft's US Cities scenery that has been causing me issues. Honolulu over Megascenery is awesome already. Zurich looks a little bland due to the default scenery I have around it and New York does too, although it's an amazingly detailed airport. Maybe Manhattan X will be my next if aerosoft could lower their prices for just a short while! :D

Awesoem deal. I got New York JFK, Honolulu, Zurich and Chicago v2.0. Now to get working on integrating Chicago into aerosoft's US Cities scenery that has been causing me issues. Honolulu over Megascenery is awesome already. Zurich looks a little bland due to the default scenery I have around it and New York does too, although it's an amazingly detailed airport. Maybe Manhattan X will be my next if aerosoft could lower their prices for just a short while! :D
Combine JFK with MegaScenery Earth photo scenery and Aerosoft's Manhattan X. Your FPS may drop, though, so be careful, but it is a wonderful sight. You can also add in IS's La Guardia, but I ended up removing. The FPS hit wasn't really worth it.I myself have bought Geneva, since it seems like a very nice airport, even though I'm not even sure I'll actually fly there too often. I do really like its very central location in Europe and that it's being served by so many airlines, so there's enough locations to fly to. I haven't installed it yet, but I will in due course.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I do really like its very central location in Europe and that it's being served by so many airlines
And don't forget the approach is great. You are descending surrounded by the Alps and have Lake Geneva (Leman) in sight. Very rewarding!Try flying between Geneva and Vienna - a very picturesque route.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it some time happy.png

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for the heads up, I picked up the Hawaiian Islands volume 1 & 2 to go along with PHNL that I already had. I think they did an excellent job with these airports, and they have the look and feel of what I remember from being there on vacations. Also they seem pretty easy on the framerates for my old computer. The Hawaiian Islands are one of my favorite places to fly.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Hey all,Thanks for the recommendations! I decided to go with Las Vegas but was unable to purchase in the online store due to some hang up! I had just bought LAX with a different coupon and no problems--who knows, maybe esselerate will clear it up before the sale ends. Thanks again for all your advice.James

Hey all,Thanks for the recommendations! I decided to go with Las Vegas but was unable to purchase in the online store due to some hang up! I had just bought LAX with a different coupon and no problems--who knows, maybe esselerate will clear it up before the sale ends. Thanks again for all your advice.James
Shame it wasn't working for you James Vegas is a really nice scenery but lax is also very good.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.