Sign in to follow this  
N1G

in-game rendering options + video card settings

Hi,Just now fiddling with the rendering options and have a question or two. Coming from FSX I am a little confused about video card settings vs the in-game rendering options. The number of objects etc is understood, but the relationship between options such as HDR, AA and Aniso, and what do do with the graphic card settings via the Nvidia control panel or NvidiaInspector, I do not have a clue. So far on my i7 2600k OC 4.7 and a GTX 570, I am not really smiling too much. I am hoping that the lack of smoothness is cockpit error. There seems to be considerable detail in the sim for vehicles, roads, traffic signs, burger joints, ducks crossing the roads etc., and I am guessing this may be playing a huge role in the lack of smoothness at a desirable level of density. Any help would be much appreciated.Bob

Bob, ben Supnik has just posted that after solving their server issues he'll be sending is all fps test benchmarks and ways to report logs so he can fix, great!I'm no programmer, but can only relay on my experience (great). I haven't bothered with using HDR, aa4x is themost needed, low shadows, everything else default. Don't compress VRAM unless the graphics settings screen (bottom text) shows u are largely over your cards capacity. My i7 920 is OCD Frm 2.66 to 3.8.And soon I'll see if overriding the AA settings via nvidia helps things, it generally does

Bob, ben Supnik has just posted that after solving their server issues he'll be sending is all fps test benchmarks and ways to report logs so he can fix, great!I'm no programmer, but can only relay on my experience (great). I haven't bothered with using HDR, aa4x is themost needed, low shadows, everything else default. Don't compress VRAM unless the graphics settings screen (bottom text) shows u are largely over your cards capacity. My i7 920 is OCD Frm 2.66 to 3.8.And soon I'll see if overriding the AA settings via nvidia helps things, it generally does
Sorry slightly off topic, Just out of interest what CPU cooler do you have? I have a 920 at stock speeds and was looking to give the dark art of overclocking a go. (I bought a book and everything).

God, I have no idea! I think its stock. I do have a 750w power supply that helps. The 920 oc's sweetly, I'd u are conservative you won't do any damage. You'll know when u go too far when pc starts locking. If you press delete while booting up, youll see the bios screen and OC tweaker menu. I have a gigabyte mb, nice Quality and menus

God, I have no idea! I think its stock. I do have a 750w power supply that helps. The 920 oc's sweetly, I'd u are conservative you won't do any damage. You'll know when u go too far when pc starts locking. If you press delete while booting up, youll see the bios screen and OC tweaker menu. I have a gigabyte mb, nice Quality and menus
Yes, bought an expensive (at the time) Asus p6t deluxe mobo that has OC'ing in its blood. I have a 1kw PSU (nuts I know) was worried my simpit would have stability issues. Feel a bit silly now, spent all that money and chickened out. {flaps wings}

Thanks Simmo,I removed the profile from nvidiaInspector and removed HDR and a little better. What a different sim though. I do think low and slow is what they may have intended for this sim. There is really no other explanation as the amount of detail they have provided at ground level. There is so much happening on the ground. I hope they work the performance issues as it would be nice to crank it all up and fly the roads.Bob

Good to hear Bob. I just updated my driver and gained 2fps!