Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

Engine #1 not responding to Thrust Lever Input

On the PMDG 737NGX, I am ready to taxi, but when I move the throttle levers forward, engine 1 is not spooling up. Also:Engine 1's idle only is 20.3 N1, while engine 2's idle is 22.6.Engine 1 oil temperatue is 9 deg, while engine 2 is 103 deg.Both the animated power levers are moving when I increase thrust, and engine 2 responds normally.There are no warnings or failures indicated.Any ideas?/jason

I shouldnt think this would be the case, but have you checked if any failures are active in the CDU?

I've never fixed this problem either...I have got the problem 2 times. I haven't experienced it after a restart of the computer

Martin,I had seen this myself. Resolved by by setting up controller axis again, and specifically for the NGX, NO FSUIPC calibration.

Thanks for response :) How do I set up the controller axis? I've never done that before, because I use the keyboard only

In which case Martin your not using an axis.
Okay, thanks anyway :)I will try a new flight again later

I had the same problems some months ago.I used the CTRL+E key combo to open door, and i think this combo deactivate the thrust on engine1.I'm not using this combo now and i don't have the thrust power problem again. If you use this combo, try some flights without it.Good luck.

Miguel Leandro

I have a similar problem every now and again. I'll complete start up but engines will be idle at 30% N1 my throttle is completly at idle. This is strange and frustrating because it only happens sometimes. And when it does happen before you know it your at 40Kts GS and have to upset your passengers by slamming on the anchors!

There is an EASY fix for this problem. Pressing Ctrl+E will reset the engine and allow it to become responsive again. Someone above posted the pressed this to open the door, however that command is SHIFT+E. CTRL+E is the key command for engine start in basic planes for FSX and for some reason, if you get an unresponsive engine with the 20% n1, (i have before) pressing Ctrl+E seems to "restart" the engine and it adjusts properly and becomes responsive. This only works if you start the engine manually through proper procedures and once the engine is "running" although unresponsive, pressing Ctrl+E will reset itDan Burke

Delete your FSUIPC.ini file in FSXModules and let it rebuild a new one.
I had the problem and this worked great for me. Thank you Ryan.

This just happened to me AGAIN tonight, No luck with the control+e method but was able to regain throttle control by Ryan's method of deleting the FSUIPC(4).ini file in FSX Modules. I had to save the cockpit state and shut down and restart FSX tho, that's the only bummer there. What I did figure out was how to duplicate the issue. When you do an autostart ( control+E as above) and you are late in opening the fuel cutoff, that engine won't start. When you manually start the engine after the failed autostart, it will spool up to idle and that's it- You can see the levers moving but the engine does not respond. It seems to happen to engine 1 mostly because that's the first engine autostart will attempt to start. But it will render engine 2 unresponsive as well if you are late with the fuel there too. Just an observation...

• Like 1