Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Recommend me an add-on for FSX

Hi all, I am on the hunt for something new to 'play' around with in FSX. It doesn't matter if it is scenery or an aircraft.I already have the following add-ons;

• Aerosoft Approaching Innsbruck X
  • Aerosoft Rotterdam X
  • Aerosoft Corfu X
  • Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich 2012
  • Aerosoft Airbus X
  • Aerosoft Wilga X
  • CLS Boeing 767
  • CLS A340-500/600
  • CLS DC-10 Collection
  • Captain Sim 737-100/200 External Model
  • Flight Sim Labs Concorde X
  • Just Flight A318 Jetliner
  • Just Flight A321 Jetliner
  • Just Flight Comet Jetliner
  • Just Flight 757 Jetliner (Freeminium)
  • PMDG 737-800/900 NGX
  • UK2000 London City Xtreme
  • UK2000 London Heathrow

Any recommendations for add-ons you think I should add would be helpful.Aaron G.

Looking through your list it looks like you like your airliners, but the Aerosoft Katana 4X is good fun to play around with, and the most immersive GA add on there is. You have to do walk around checks, maintenance, replace damaged parts, wash it etc. Highly recommend. Other add ons I'd recommend: Real Environment Xtreme, which totally transforms the look and feel of the whole sim. Flight 1 BN2 Islander, great model and fantastic sounds and VC, plus easy to fly and perfect for short hops into small airfields. Concorde X from Flight Sim Labs, iconic aircraft and a highly realistic and immersive rendition - you'll be studying it for weeks! Also scenery wise, anything from Orbx, Pacific Northwest probably a good place to start and a couple of airports, Orcas and Darrington or Concrete. Truly amazing scenery. Finally, Earth Simulations have some amazing scenery of the Channel Islands and Isles of Scilly, which are stunning.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

There's so many options hehe.I'm a general aviation fan myself.That being said, I second that Katana 4x recommendation. Other superb choices:Realair turbine DukeOrbx Lancair IVPEaglesoft SR22 G3Flight1 Mustang and T182TLotus L39Carenado T210, A36 BonanzaMilviz C310R

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for your replies. I have Concorde X, I forgot to add it to the list but that is know fixed. Yes I like my airliners. I have often considered REX but I can justify myself purchasing it for clouds and waves.Aaron G.

Looking through your list it looks like you like your airliners, but the Aerosoft Katana 4X is good fun to play around with, and the most immersive GA add on there is. You have to do walk around checks, maintenance, replace damaged parts, wash it etc. Highly recommend.Other add ons I'd recommend: Real Environment Xtreme, which totally transforms the look and feel of the whole sim. Flight 1 BN2 Islander, great model and fantastic sounds and VC, plus easy to fly and perfect for short hops into small airfields. Concorde X from Flight Sim Labs, iconic aircraft and a highly realistic and immersive rendition - you'll be studying it for weeks! Also scenery wise, anything from Orbx, Pacific Northwest probably a good place to start and a couple of airports, Orcas and Darrington or Concrete. Truly amazing scenery. Finally, Earth Simulations have some amazing scenery of the Channel Islands and Isles of Scilly, which are stunning.
What about the Feelthere E175 and E195?Aaron G.

Thanks for your replies. I have Concorde X, I forgot to add it to the list but that is know fixed. Yes I like my airliners. I have often considered REX but I can justify myself purchasing it for clouds and waves.Aaron G.
If you like airliners how about the PMDG 747, MD-11 and the LDS 767?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't have those so can't comment.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

The Feelthere E-jets are quite good!Beautiful model!Excellent simulation of the (quite complicated) flight management and guidance!(needs some practice because a bit different from the Boeing)Very good flight dynamics! (by Bob Young)Guy

The Feelthere E-jets are quite good!Beautiful model!Excellent simulation of the (quite complicated) flight management and guidance!(needs some practice because a bit different from the Boeing)Very good flight dynamics! (by Bob Young)Guy
thanks, I am not sure what product to go for!Aaron G.

Don't have time to fly the long range routes.Aaron G.
Fly short routes :-) There are a lot of short range 747 cargo flights in the US that you can find on Flightaware between places like DFW to ORD, ORD to JFK, LAX to SEA, etc, if you insist on flying "real" routes. Besides, its your sim, no one is forcing you to fly trans-Atlantic or cross-country flights in these birds. I've flown the LDS 767 and PMDG 747 on many short range (1 to 2 hour) flights and got just as much enjoyment out of those 2 birds as I would have if I flew 8 hour flights. Anyways, it was just a suggestion since those are nice planes. To each their own if you want to fly them on short or long routes. I used to get caught up in the whole "can't buy this plane because I dont want to do long hauls", until I figured what the heck, its my sim and I will fly what ever a/c I want on what ever route I want. Glad I got over that stigma though since I have had a lot of fun doing shorter routes in these a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fly short routes :-) There are a lot of short range 747 cargo flights in the US that you can find on Flightaware between places like DFW to ORD, ORD to JFK, LAX to SEA, etc, if you insist on flying "real" routes. Besides, its your sim, no one is forcing you to fly trans-Atlantic or cross-country flights in these birds. I've flown the LDS 767 and PMDG 747 on many short range (1 to 2 hour) flights and got just as much enjoyment out of those 2 birds as I would have if I flew 8 hour flights. Anyways, it was just a suggestion since those are nice planes. To each their own if you want to fly them on short or long routes. I used to get caught up in the whole "can't buy this plane because I dont want to do long hauls", until I figured what the heck, its my sim and I will fly what ever a/c I want on what ever route I want. Glad I got over that stigma though since I have had a lot of fun doing shorter routes in these a/c.
You do have a point. Thanks for pointing out the it is 'my sim' so I don't have to fly real world routes. I will consider the MD-11.Aaron G.

I recommend this one:http://www.avsim.com/pages/1111/Carenado/337.htmlIt's OUTSTANDING inside and out.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.