Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Yawing left while sitting on Ry

I've configured my controls and the axis appear to be centered but I'm slowing yawing to the left while sitting on the runway with the 10 demo... Any ideas?Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for a nicely rendered demo plane with virtual cockpit, or do we wait for the full version for that? edit: I found a decent one, the BE9L but the VC is fairly dated, still the best looking VC I've seen in XP9 or 10 so far.p.s. I finally did get my video settings working it looks decent but I gotta find a way to dial up the visibility.kingair.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, have you configd a control for wheel brakes? Welcome to a real simulation- the power of the props even at idle will start to pull u fwd and naturally pull u to the left. Maybe recentre the controls in calibration menu under controls.Ryan, have you configd a control for wheel brakes? Welcome to a real simulation- the power of the props even at idle will start to pull u fwd and naturally pull u to the left. Maybe recentre the controls in calibration menu under controls.

Ooops apparently I had set throttle 1 to my CH throttle...so the left engine was powered up... makes sense.Now if only I could figure out how to zoom out of the VC... it's far too close. I tried - (minus) but it didn't work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, was that screenshot taken while you were yawing left? Look at your gauges, the left engine is nearly full out while the right engine is at idle.

Now if only I could figure out how to zoom out of the VC... it's far too close. I tried - (minus) but it didn't work.
Rendering and Settings -> Depth Field Of View (Lower screen) -> Set it to 70-75

Ryan, was that screenshot taken while you were yawing left? Look at your gauges, the left engine is nearly full out while the right engine is at idle.
Yep I already solved that problem per my post above... Thanks Goran, now we're getting somewhere! Anyway to "increase seat height?" I can hardly see over the firewall.p.s. Let it be known the XP10 night lighting looks better than FSX lol! (Yes a hard core FSX fan saying something positive about XP)Untitled-89.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Sweet balls of fire... I got TrackIR working... gotta set a null zone for the lateral movement but I also setup my joystick buttons so I've got a working sim woohoo! Does anyone know what date the navdata is from? For instance can I use my charts from NACO to fly an ILS at BFI Ry13R? Also, FWIW whomever designed this King air might want to reverse the taxilights. When I turn my nosewheel left the lights turn to the right. And vice versa.nightime31R.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

great Ryan! I haven't had the guts to try trackir yet, for fear of crashing it. get into the 3d pit view (i nominate a joystick switch for that), then you can just use arrow keys to move up/down and around the cockpit, comma and full stop to go fwd & backwards. Once you know how to go to the advanced buttons/controls area & config your buttons, you can replicate almost all the fsx commands you probably know off by heart, eg V for a screenshot." (Yes a hard core FSX fan saying something positive about XP)" - the first of many such statements! Aint the night lighting sweet?

Yep I already solved that problem per my post above... Thanks Goran, now we're getting somewhere! Anyway to "increase seat height?" I can hardly see over the firewall.p.s. Let it be known the XP10 night lighting looks better than FSX lol! (Yes a hard core FSX fan saying something positive about XP)
To increase the height in 2D mode, I THINK you have to adjust the viewpoint in Planemaker. This is how it's done in XP9 but I still haven't had a look in XP10 to see if this has changed. If you're in VC mode, adjusting the height is simply done by pressing the up arrow. Going back to 2D cockpit mode will reset the height to where it was.

The Arrow keys don't work for me when TrackIR is enabled in the menus. When you press the up arrow key it try's to move but the immediately the view is reset again, it seems TrackIR is forcing it back again.

Cheers, Andy.

Yep I already solved that problem per my post above... Thanks Goran, now we're getting somewhere! Anyway to "increase seat height?" I can hardly see over the firewall.p.s. Let it be known the XP10 night lighting looks better than FSX lol! (Yes a hard core FSX fan saying something positive about XP)
The night is better (much better) ... make sure you have the special effects, draw pixel lighting, HDR, and 4x SSAA to see the full glory. At the moment the lights aren't quite crisp enough .. I am assuming its a setting that will make the lights a little crisper.

IIRC, if you're going to set 4x SSAA in the HDR lighting, you need to turn the sim Anti Aliasing OFF.HDR lighting is very resource hungry so use wisely.

Rendering and Settings -> Depth Field Of View (Lower screen) -> Set it to 70-75
Thanks for the tip. The option is actually called "lateral field of view". I found a setting of 70 to be just right, and I used the up arrow key to raise my "seat" a bit for a better view out the front of the windshield.

I did not try it in X-Plane 10 yet, but it should work and is one of the most essential plugins:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4455Let's you adjust the Field-of-View setting per plane for the three different views 2D pit, 3D pit and outside views.

I found a tutorial, cna't find the link, that showed me how to set all the VC views..NOw I can move(not zoom) fwd/bwd/up/down/side-side, like having a built in ezdock (enable cinema verite). Really just mapped the buttons to my controlller, nothing complicated, just never played with the gui.