Sign in to follow this  
BlinkNFG

Cannot load demo/beta

Hi,I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded the demo/beta (I'm an FSX user but keen to see what Xplane can offer). I click run and the opening/title screen loads. Then nothing else happens - the opening screen just freezes and says it is not responding (as in the picture). Before I contact Laminar Research I wondered if anyone knew something obvious I might be doing wrong?I have a decent computer (albeit with an oldish graphics card) so assume that is not the problem?i7 920 @ 3.9GHzGeforce GTS 2506GB RAMMatrox TripleHead2Go3 19in screensthanksJon

Try Properties>Compatibility>Disable desktop composition. Also it can take a while to load, takes mine a minute.

Hi,I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded the demo/beta (I'm an FSX user but keen to see what Xplane can offer). I click run and the opening/title screen loads. Then nothing else happens - the opening screen just freezes and says it is not responding (as in the picture).Before I contact Laminar Research I wondered if anyone knew something obvious I might be doing wrong?I have a decent computer (albeit with an oldish graphics card) so assume that is not the problem?i7 920 @ 3.9GHzGeforce GTS 2506GB RAMMatrox TripleHead2Go3 19in screensthanksJon
Wait longer . it hangs up on load for me as well. It should finish loading!

Hi,Thanks for the replies.I tried changing the properties and waiting for 20minutes but no luck - the screen still just stays the sameJon

I have the exact same problem, let it go for 45 minutes and it looks exactly like the shot posted. I ran the updater to check files, all was good. I deleted the exe and ran the updater again, it downloaded the exe but still the same problem.i7 920@ 3.8 GHz2x EVGA 570 with the latest drivers ( Skyrim runs great )3 samsung 1920x1080 monitors, running a bezel corrected 5960x1080 surround.

I have the exact same problem, let it go for 45 minutes and it looks exactly like the shot posted. I ran the updater to check files, all was good. I deleted the exe and ran the updater again, it downloaded the exe but still the same problem.i7 920@ 3.8 GHz2x EVGA 570 with the latest drivers ( Skyrim runs great )3 samsung 1920x1080 monitors, running a bezel corrected 5960x1080 surround.
Have you sent the crash log to Laminar? This issue needs to be corrected for sure.

Have you sent the crash log to Laminar? This issue needs to be corrected for sure.
Hi,I have done so.thanksJon

I certainly hope Laminar get this straightened out quickly. Apparently some DVD sets are already shipping to customers.

As I have the same issue I have to think the common factor is our use of TripleHead2Go. Has anyone successfully run XPlane 10 with a TripleHead2Go?Andreas

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo * E8600 3.33 o/c 4.0 ghz * EVGA GTX 275 *

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4GB * Corsair 750W ATX * Lian-LI Case

Try it with just one monitor and see if it loads!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I have been using it with eyefinity and it should not look any different, its just presented as one very wide desktop to the application right?

I have the same issue. It just hangs at the load screen. I'm only using one monitor. No Eyefinity, TH2Go etc.Tried using all the usual fixes, disable desk top comp, run as administrator etc. Tried installing to another location as well, no joy.Error thrown by windows when it stops responding.Description:A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Problem signature:Problem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: X-Plane.exeApplication Version: 10.0.1.4Application Timestamp: 4ecd64bcHang Signature: 1627Hang Type: 0OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033Additional Hang Signature 1: 162771e74e6ad1ca5516762a09d5de95Additional Hang Signature 2: d907Additional Hang Signature 3: d90712ca23c907b8d65b51a9d5af4e53Additional Hang Signature 4: 1627Additional Hang Signature 5: 162771e74e6ad1ca5516762a09d5de95Additional Hang Signature 6: d907Additional Hang Signature 7: d90712ca23c907b8d65b51a9d5af4e53

As I have the same issue I have to think the common factor is our use of TripleHead2Go.Has anyone successfully run XPlane 10 with a TripleHead2Go?Andreas
I'm using Nvidia surround, not THTG, and my buddy has 2 560 Ti's in surround and it works for him

I have the same issue. It just hangs at the load screen. I'm only using one monitor. No Eyefinity, TH2Go etc.Tried using all the usual fixes, disable desk top comp, run as administrator etc. Tried installing to another location as well, no joy.Error thrown by windows when it stops responding.Description:A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Problem signature:Problem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: X-Plane.exeApplication Version: 10.0.1.4Application Timestamp: 4ecd64bcHang Signature: 1627Hang Type: 0OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3Locale ID: 1033Additional Hang Signature 1: 162771e74e6ad1ca5516762a09d5de95Additional Hang Signature 2: d907Additional Hang Signature 3: d90712ca23c907b8d65b51a9d5af4e53Additional Hang Signature 4: 1627Additional Hang Signature 5: 162771e74e6ad1ca5516762a09d5de95Additional Hang Signature 6: d907Additional Hang Signature 7: d90712ca23c907b8d65b51a9d5af4e53
Actually I have the same issue as yourself with the same error code:Problem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: X-Plane.exeApplication Version: 10.0.1.4Although the demo that came down the pipe was labeled 1.02b. Not sure of where the problem lies as it goes through the full load and then hangs when "finished aysynchronus loading" is on the display. My install of XP 9.7 works fine though.WINXP SP3Quad Core @2.54Gb RAM (3.5 enabled via switch)GT 430 1Gb gfx with latest driversI downloaded direct as opposed to via torrent (took 110 minutes or so).I am guessing something corrupted along the way. I deleted the folder and the download executable and will await further releases.This is what I get for managing to refrain all of 3 days from trying the demo out!**edit**I double checked the system requirements for XP10 and the official line is:
  • a 2 GHz, dual-core CPU,
  • 2 GB of RAM, and
  • a DirectX 9-capable video card with 128 MB of on-board, dedicated video RAM (VRAM). See here for compatibility and graphics cards.

However, for the best experience, we recommend the following:

• a 3 GHz, multi-core CPU (or, even better, multiple processors),
  • 4 GB of RAM, and
  • a DirectX 10-capable (DX11 preferred) video card with 1 GB of on-board, dedicated VRAM.

And then I check the list of compatible cards and: NVidia GeForce 256, 2, 3, 4 Below System Requirements So after reading that I wonder if it is some disconnect with the gfx card? The "4" series should have more than enough grunt to run. I noted Larry has the 470 GTX (which should also have grunt to spare and is SLi-compatible)...perhaps this might be the common denominator?

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

After downloading the latest update, I actually had the same problem. Zipped my preferences folder, deleted my old preference files, restarted the sim and it all loaded up. Kind of an unwritten solution..."If all else fails, delete your preference files"It's the same as deleting the FSX.cfg and then letting FSX rebuild it.Preference files are found in X-Plane 10 Demo->Output->preferencesDon't delete the folder. Just the files in the folder.SAVE YOUR OLD PREFERENCES!! Just in case. If it still fails to load, delete the rebuilt preference files and replace them with the backed up ones.Also, save your crash_log.txt file and file a bug report.The downside of this is you will have to recalibrate your joystick and redo your render settings if you keep your newly rebuilt preferences.