Sign in to follow this  
sandpatch

HiLoChime

Hello, In airplanes you often hear the HiLo Chime ( the ding dong) quickly after each other. In the NGX i can do it but only much slower. I looked at the sound file and it is very long. Since you can't start a new sound before the old one has gone I would like to shorten than sound down. Can I simply make it shorter or will it somehow disturb the NGX?Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

In the FS9 version, I lowered the trim sound volume with a WAV editor. Didn't get any problem.Bert Van Bulck

I find that moving the switch down then shortly after up makes the chime you want.

I find that moving the switch down then shortly after up makes the chime you want.
The one I am referring to is the chime button below the chime switch.

Manfred G.

I have now edited the sound and it was no problem at all. Now I can use it much quicker like in a real airplane. I can upload the files if anyone is interested.Manfred

Manfred G.

You know what, Manfred? You gave me a great idea. I'll try to use Windows Movie Maker to edit and shorten the HiLo Chime file. Never thought of that before. It annoys me that I have to wait a relatively long time before presing the button again too. Thanks for that!BTW, does anyone know how to convert a .wma file to .wav?

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

I have already done it and it works very well. I wrote it in my previous post. I downloaded this program http://www.wave-editor.com/ and simply made the file shorter, now I can actually press it faster then they usually do in flight.

Manfred G.

I have already done it and it works very well. I wrote it in my previous post. I downloaded this program http://www.wave-editor.com/ and simply made the file shorter, now I can actually press it faster then they usually do in flight.
Great idea, I too have been wanting this, thanks.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Does anyone know where the seatbelt chime is located? I would like to decrease the length of this file so I can quickly cycle it on/off.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero