Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

XP10 Crashing on Controller Calibration/Setup

Posturing aside, can anyone shed some light on the error that myself and at least LAdamson appear to be having?I'm sure we would both appreciate it if anyone has seen or heard of this error. A quick Google lookup of hardware.cpp:327 shows several items, none of which make immediate sense to me but might to someone more familiar with XPlane... Perhaps it has to do with the user interface elements of the controllers screen...

hardware.cpp:327: error: ‘png_ptr’ was not declared in this scopehardware.cpp:327: error: ‘PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING’ was not declared in this scopehardware.cpp:327: error: ‘png_create_write_struct’ was not declared in this scope
Another search shows this...
(d:usb-bringupdriversusbusbehci_newhardware.cpp:327) Controller has 8 Ports
Thanks for any assistance that can be brought to this thread, if possible.

Hi Greg,the best course of action is to file a bug report directly to Laminar ( http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html) describing the problem (basically paste what you wrote in the first post). I see X-Plane 10 is not yet listed in the bug report page, so state you're referring to X-P 10.VERY IMPORTANT: attach the log.txt file (it's located in the X-Plane folder) to the report.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Since this seems to be an issue affecting a lot of users, I'm pretty sure it'll be worked out in a matter of days. We'll see!Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

FYI: The new update to the demo (10.02b1) appears to have repaired this issue, and the controller setup screen is now working with no errors.-Greg