Sign in to follow this  
gtjoha

S-turn issue and FSUIPC role..

Hi folks,I appreciate any feedback on this, and also I've seen Pete around here so great if I can get youropinion on this :)I've been using ASE (647 now) and an old version (4.152) of FSUIPC for some time, as this versioncame with RCV.4. I never had any s-turn problems which I read about others experiencing withthe PMDG MD-11 (and other). However I did have the annoying problem of "lagging" in RC,causing such delay on approach that airplanes were on the RWY when I was supposed to land.I updated to version 4.530 some time ago, and noticed that my MD-11 suddenly started withS-turns on cruise.. Bad ones! I also had strange wind-shifts. After testing to for some time, I revertedto 4.152 version, and the problem was gone. As RC was still slow, this was fine.Some days ago I read about version 4.7 being out, and the lagging problem should befixed now. I tested it, and the difference seemed remarkable! I was happy as a fish on arainy day, but moodswings appeared as soon as I was on cruise. The S-turns were back...Testing a little more, and returning to 4.152 definitivly removed the S-turn problem.The lagging is back however. So now I am at flying with 4.152, and turning of DWC beforelanding... Well, it could be worse :) Pete, you may already know of this, but in case notI finally found I should take the time and post it. It actually seems that the old 4.152 versionI have either supresses the S-turn problem, or the newer versions have some role in them.Any thoughts?Regards,Geir J, Norway

Well normally I would suggest searching the forum but in this case it did not work.. However, I did find a post here at AVSIM relative to your question using the google. Also please see that you have DWC turned off as per JIm.http://forum.avsim.n...294681-s-turns/You also may wish to update FSUIPC as there have been many improvements.Good luck.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have 4.53 and when I first got the NGX the s turns were real bad. This is an easy fix for you. You need to disable turbulence in fsx and then in FSUIPC change the wind smoothing to a very gradual amount like 1 knot every 6 deconds and CHECK ALL THOSE BOXES on that page. You will still get turbulence but it will be so much more realistic and you will not have any more s turns. I have about 25 hours on the MD11 as well with no s turns. You may also fly with any active sky mode you wish, I use smooth transitions but it will work with DWC. This can be resolved with the propper settings in FSX and FSUIPC.I promise...

I have 4.53 and when I first got the NGX the s turns were real bad. This is an easy fix for you. You need to disable turbulence in fsx and then in FSUIPC change the wind smoothing to a very gradual amount like 1 knot every 6 deconds and CHECK ALL THOSE BOXES on that page. You will still get turbulence but it will be so much more realistic and you will not have any more s turns. I have about 25 hours on the MD11 as well with no s turns. You may also fly with any active sky mode you wish, I use smooth transitions but it will work with DWC. This can be resolved with the propper settings in FSX and FSUIPC.I promise...
Thanks :) I assume that is the payware version then of FSUIPC?

Yes it is and it is the reason I paid. Well, also for the visibility stuff.
Have to ask you, what visibility stuff are you referring to? Just got FSUIPC, but can't see anyvisibility options..?Geir

You may want to visit this page as well...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350389-my-weather-config-for-pmdg-planes-part-ii/