Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

Just a few minor details to be addressed.... Eventually..

I like either flying high altitude, long range commercial flights, or low altitude and slow small single engine plane flights.. I know, what other kinds are there really.. Since the demo has a very limited range, i have been doing the second choice.. In doing this i noticed just a few small flukes.. I am sure these will be corrected in a future update..Has anyone noticed:1. The large transmission towers just lined up on top of each other..2. The trains sitting on the tracks are at odd angles going around the sides of the hills.. (near Boeing field)3. Highway traffic need improved spacing so they aren't partially inside each other..Again, these are small details that i'm sure will eventually be corrected.. Just little things.. I am still amazed however at the night lighting.. Having actual 3-D taxiway and runway lighting, and not just little spots of color (FSX).. I am really debating on if i want to give this the full $$$ shot.. There are a lot of things that REALLY look slick.. I would LOVE to see some of the big airports DFW, DEN, ORD, ATL, maybe even JFK.. I imagine they would look very impressive with the surrounding highways ect..

Yes to all 3.Also: Add to #1: Large transmission towers that are placed in the highway lanes. And:4. Roads that overlap (walled ramps, and secondary roads that extend across highways) and sections of roads that have large sections of grass texture.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Yeah, i agree.. Again, just minor fixes.. I am sure there are more important things to address first, performance issues mainly.. The issues we have mentioned are just filing down the rough edges i am sure..

Since you guys raised the small traffic issues ..... will the rendering engine be flexible enough to reduce the number of cars on the highway at 2am? At present, its nearly a traffic jam all day long.

I have one also which may seem trivial.Airport rotating beacon should be brighter than taxiway and approach lights, and be seen from many miles away.

Just a reminder to everyone, when XP v9 was released, there was 29 (!) beta's and release candidates over a periodof about 4 months before v9.00 went final. So yes, expect things to have improved in a couple of months excl.png

Lets not open the can of worms alive in so many other posts "Is this demo final, or beta?" These are just little under the collar itches.. Little tweaks that would be nice to see.. It would also be neat if the trains could move.. Not like a fully functional with physics factored in switch yard or anything, but it would look neat if a couple could move along the track just for the effect..

It would also be neat if the trains could move.. Not like a fully functional with physics factored in switch yard or anything, but it would look neat if a couple could move along the track just for the effect..
I have seen some elevated trains moving along the tracks today. Haven't seen any other tracks, but I'd assume you just have to either have the traffic turned up to an appropriate level or be in the right place at the right time to see them en route. Was testing the Bell 206B near KSEA and saw two trains on the same track.

Was testing the Bell 206B near KSEA and saw two trains on the same track.
Wonder if those were simply the trains built into the airport scenery as opposed to the autogen.. I know they do have local rail service at the airport.. It would look neat flying in a cessna over a rural area and you see some railroad track and it has a train moving along on it.. You could circle around and follow the train and see where it goes.. Just an Easter Egg i guess..

For me the landclass is going to be the big one. I imported my xplane9 global scenery into xplane 10 so I could demo area outside of Seattle. The rural areas look great-but the airport I fly out of looks like New York city with office building galore (in reality suburbs with 98% housing and then abruptly shifts to rural about 5 nm North with no transisition. I hope this can be improved by 3rd party improvements.

@ IAM,I saw a train rolling down the tracks yesterday while flying the Dreamfoil R22, right along side a highway.... was pleasantly surprised!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

@ IAM,I saw a train rolling down the tracks yesterday
I will check it out.. Maybe it was simply because i was just over a switch yard..

when a residential house is near a highway, the highway is not drawn: should be the opposite.al