Sign in to follow this  
heisebaer

My sytem okay

Hello,I want to turn my Flight Simulator from Fs 2004 to FSX in December 2011.I'd like to fly the new ans beautiful 737NGX with the well done Aerosoft Airports like Munich or Berlin e.g.

Hersteller: Packard BellModel: ipower G3610Prozessor: Intel ® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2,67GHz 2,67GHzInstallierter Arbeitsspeicher: 6,00 GBSystemtyp: 64 Bit Windows 7 Home premiumGraka: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Is it possible to fly the NGX on the named airports with min 15-17 FPS ??????When not, what should I change and where can I buy the hardware???My PC is only 2 years old and I dont have enough money to buy a complete new one!!! :-(Thanks for your help, greeting from Berlin

You should be fine. It's a good system. Would be better if you could overclock your CPU to some 4GHz, but I guess you can't considering it's an OEM rig

I use an I7 940 CPU, with GTX285, not to much overclocked, and I'm running in Munich (aerosoft) with a medium 17FPS, so, with your configuration you will need to remove some things like AI traffic, like wheater, like autogen and so on to get higher frame rate at these big airports.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I use an I7 940 CPU, with GTX285, not to much overclocked, and I'm running in Munich (aerosoft) with a medium 17FPS, so, with your configuration you will need to remove some things like AI traffic, like wheater, like autogen and so on to get higher frame rate at these big airports.
How much overclock? because the only difference between his I5 and your I7 is clock speed. He should be getting some 14 - 15 FPS with the same settings as you

Its no problem for me to level down some settings for better framerates. The mainpoint is that I can fly "fluently" from A to B. Nice weather with REX Airports like Munich, Berlin, Stuttgart or Vienna and Zurich.With the NGX that is all what I wnat at first. Maybe 2013 I will buy a new, better PC for FSX only. But at the momen I'd like to fly fluently with the NGX with well done airports.Thanks a lot guys!

My 940 will be overclocked by the default asus EPU SIX engine to add 9% of more speed (around 3.2GHz istead of actual 2.93). Not to much, but I don't want to change the heatsink or force my system now, when I will get more troubles, I will push it up before surrender and buy a new one.Sometimes I use FSX without the EPU six modification, I have no noticeable differences in how it performs, maybe a single fps loss?

Its no problem for me to level down some settings for better framerates. The mainpoint is that I can fly "fluently" from A to B. Nice weather with REX Airports like Munich, Berlin, Stuttgart or Vienna and Zurich.With the NGX that is all what I wnat at first. Maybe 2013 I will buy a new, better PC for FSX only.But at the momen I'd like to fly fluently with the NGX with well done airports.Thanks a lot guys!
Maybe you will need a new pc not for FSX in 2013, for that year maybe Flight should be already released.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Maybe you will need a new pc not for FSX in 2013, for that year maybe Flight should be already released.
Sorry, I didnt understand sad.png Do you mean I should buy a new PC this year for flying NGX????No money currently, sorry :(

No, just telling that you must only do some restrictions to your settings, or try to overclock your PC (at your own risk).But, just to keep you happy, I use my system with NGX setted with all in high res, FSX at 1280*1024 32bit, bloom, DX10 preview, AI traffic 90%, ground and see a bit less, Autogen a dot below max, and wheater distance not too high. With normal scenery I have 20 and sometimes more FPS, with Munich a bit less, but flyable.If your project are to buy a pc for 2013, I thik (if it will be time) you will buy it probably for the next simulator, by chosing the system specs that are best for it.But, you will be free to use also the old FSX, if it will be still compatible with Windows 8

Regards

Andrea Daviero

@daviersoft: Would you be so kind to tell me your system with hard- and software??? I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Software.When I buy a new one at 2013 I can install it on the new PC, not?Greetings ;)

Win7 Ultimate 64bitI7 940 (2.93GHz with standard clock, 3.2 when I push it)GTX285 1Gb Gddr36Gb corsair dominatorFSX Gold edition (fsx pro + accel pack)NGX, REX, ASE...Win 7 will be probably compatible to the 2013 hardware, so your FSX can be mounted on it.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Okay, is Wdws ultimate better than home premium?I have only GTX 260 and only i5 CPU.I will get the Gold Ed as well for christmas.I will level down some settings, I hope I can fly fluently with NGX and scenery ;)

Okay, is Wdws ultimate better than home premium?I have only GTX 260 and only i5 CPU.I will get the Gold Ed as well for christmas.I will level down some settings, I hope I can fly fluently with NGX and scenery ;)
Seriously, you'll be ok.You can always try and see if you need more power, but I'm willing to bet you'll be happy with it.There's no need for Windows 7 Ultimate, unless your Home Premium version is not in English and you need voice recognition for FS2Crew and the likes

Your system if not good enough for the NGX. I've had similar system in the past, and believe me, with every tweak possible, on high settings, you will not be able to run at more then 15 fps at Aerosoft airports. I recommend you invest in an i5 2500K and a new Z68 motherboard. After that overclock your CPU to about 4.5 GHz, using a good tutorial from YouTube. Your RAM is fine, graphics card is not the most important thing in FSX so you can upgrade that one later on.

What now???? The first ones says my system is ok or good, the other one says my sytem is to slow for NGX with Aerosoft airports?!?!?!?!?!?What now??? :(