Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Doors operation - is it part of the mdl file or is it editable?

Just wanted to check - is the way doors open fixed in the mdl file, or can this be changed somehow? I have a few a/c where all the doors open on both sides of the fuselage when you choose 'open exits' (via FS9 keyboard shortcut, or via a doors panel, when there is one). Looks a bit silly, but maybe it's not alterable?Thanks,Martin

I BELIEVE It's hardcoded into the model, I can't think of it being in the .cfg or .air file for any reason since it'll be completely model related.I do find it annoying too when all the doors (or at least the unrealistic ones) open when I want a certain one to open. Useful when companies like QualityWings make a panel for their doors, very useful. Not sure if you'd be able to find a universal gauge panel to change this, it sounds unlikely.

Door control assignments are set in the model file (.mdl) and cannot be changed without access to the source file(s). The sim supports a maximum of four unique "doors" which makes it kind of tough for those a/c with more than four doors!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, thanks for the replies. I have made a cockpit gauge to open the doors of the a/c in question, but of course all the doors still open when I use it. Silly.. I'll just leave the doors closed I think!M.

Door control assignments are set in the model file (.mdl) and cannot be changed without access to the source file(s). The sim supports a maximum of four unique "doors" which makes it kind of tough for those a/c with more than four doors!
And as you recall we had a time making the landing lights extend/retract on the Beechjet project.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I've always used the water rudder command for retractable landing lights.