Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

X-Plane 10 trackIR compatible?

Yes, go to the controller page on the very right is a tab, click on that and you'll see the track-ri button.The track IR becomes the mouse in the "mouse look views" just assign that to a button on your joystick and you are ready to go.

For X-plane 9 - Pilot view plugin provides 6DOF trackIR support for x-plane on windows.For X-plane 10 - the plugin does not work at the moment. But there is built-in TrackIR support as noted above - it is 5DOF (roll is not modelled)

I'm not able to get X-Plane 10 to work with TrackIR 4 (it works fine with version 9 and other sims like FSX). I have the TrackIR box checked under settings. Shift-o has no effect. Anyone have a solution? Also, I'm running on Windows 7.Thanks

I'm not able to get X-Plane 10 to work with TrackIR 4 (it works fine with version 9 and other sims like FSX). I have the TrackIR box checked under settings. Shift-o has no effect. Anyone have a solution? Also, I'm running on Windows 7.Thanks
Hi J,You need to be using the 3d mouse look option.

That is Shift-0 as in zero. or go to the view menu and click 3D panel with mouse view. Track-IR 5 works very well.

It is still a no-go with TrackIR. When I turn Mouselook on With Shift - Zero the mouse controls the view even though I have the TrackIR box checked under settings. Does anybody else have this problem?Thanks

It is still a no-go with TrackIR. When I turn Mouselook on With Shift - Zero the mouse controls the view even though I have the TrackIR box checked under settings. Does anybody else have this problem?Thanks
hi,Have you updated X-Plane 10?

Are the green lights on the camera coming on? If trackir is reading the program, you should have a green light on the right side of the camera, if not the program is not connecting with the camera. That right side green light should come on as soon as you hit Shift-Zero if not I would probably try restart XPlane maybe even reboot the computer. Check trackir itself in its control panel.It works in X plane 10 here at any rate.

Are the green lights on the camera coming on? If trackir is reading the program, you should have a green light on the right side of the camera, if not the program is not connecting with the camera. That right side green light should come on as soon as you hit Shift-Zero if not I would probably try restart XPlane maybe even reboot the computer. Check trackir itself in its control panel.It works in X plane 10 here at any rate.
My equipment:Windows 7TrackIR4 (with the most recent version 5 software)Xplane 10 most recent Beta 4 (previous version did not work either)Since I have a TrackIR 4 I don't have lights on the side. I have four red lights in the center and a green light on the top. I now noticed that the blue light at the bottom (which should be on when running normally) is not on.If I understand correctly, Mouselook veiw is redirected to TrackIR if the settings/equipment TrackIR option is selected. On my setup, I have that option selected. However, selecting mouselook stays connected with the mouse for 3D viewing.My TrackIR works with X-Plane 9, FSX, FF5, DCS A10C. X-plane 10 does not appear to connect with the TrackIR.

Be sure to start TIR first, then start XP.also, I selected the 6DOF profile for mine and it's working.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest durangoflyer

I am using TrackIR 4 hardware with the latest software in XP10 on both fixed wing and helicopters and I love it in general, but I am finding it hard to "stay in the aircraft" sometimes. What I mean is that I will move a little too far sometimes and go right through the floor and outside usually during some critical moment. rolleyes.gifI remember reading about a utility/plugin called PilotView. Is this what I need to set limits perhaps on a per aircraft basis that would restrict how far I can move in the cockpit? Can this be achieved another way?

I selected the 6DOF profile for mine and it's working.
Does this mean "roll" works for you? Tilting my head sideways is not working with mine.

Start Track IR software firstStart XplaneAlt-Tab out (or press Windows key if in Windows) and check that the name "Xplane" appears in your TrackIR software windowIn xplane - use mouse-view 3DAt present, PilotView is not compatible with XP10 - so don't use it until it has been updated.Xplane supports 5DOF (it does not support roll)You can adjust how much you move in the game by editing the profile in TrackIR software.

Edited by lightplane

I was having same problem as above, so I started TIR first, then X Plane. I set profile for TIR to X Plane 6DOR. Set view to 3D Cockpit Command. All good. Thanks

Steve Sumner