Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Ships invisible

Hi guys,I´ve encoutetred something strange in my FSX: The ships are invisible. You can clearly see the wave they make but the ship itlselfe isn´t there.2011-10-9_15-11-11-274.jpgDoes someone know how to get them show up again?

Guest jahman

You're sure that's not a snorkel? :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

I think it is from the pixel limiter thingy in the cfg file.. look for this lineSmallPartRejectRadius=4either change it to something smaller like 2 or put in front of it and see what happens.now that I told you all that. does it show up if you drop lower and get closer?

Ciao!

I think it is from the pixel limiter thingy in the cfg file.. look for this lineSmallPartRejectRadius=4either change it to something smaller like 2 or put in front of it and see what happens.now that I told you all that. does it show up if you drop lower and get closer?
Thanks, I´ll check it out.

I had this same problem a while back and this is how I solved it: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/277516-invisible-watercrafts-show-wakes/page__view__findpost__p__1726379

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I had this same problem a while back and this is how I solved it: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__1726379
Well, I know FSX for so long now that I was aware of the problems the programm files folder brings with. So this is a all new installation on D:FSX, this can´t be the problem here. But thanks for your contribution.Also the SmallPartRejectRadius hasn´t prooven to be the culprit. Dialed it down to 2.0 but the problem is still existend.

Well, I know FSX for so long now that I was aware of the problems the programm files folder brings with. So this is a all new installation on D:FSX, this can´t be the problem here. But thanks for your contribution.Also the SmallPartRejectRadius hasn´t prooven to be the culprit. Dialed it down to 2.0 but the problem is still existend.
What is your AI stuff port over from FS9 regarding the bgl files?You have to convert them to FSX native otherwise you loose your boot traffic ;-)http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/

André

i

You should try to put it to zero. It worked for me.

mmm. I was having the same problem with boats and I put mine down to 2 and it works great now, I can see boats... so.. maybe some other setting?

Ciao!

Finally a thread on this. I did a fresh install a while back and ever since, no boats.I looked for the "SmallPartRejectRadius" in the fsx.cfg but it's not there, is that a standard line or a 'addin fix? If so, where should it be in the .cfg?

Jay

What is your AI stuff port over from FS9 regarding the bgl files?You have to convert them to FSX native otherwise you loose your boot traffic ;-)http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/
I think I´ve converted all WOAI traffic files to FSX format when I installed them and I haven´t put any other traffic file in there after that.

Additional info... I added the "SmallPartRejectRadius=2' line and this is the results...Initially static boats show but moving boats dont. If I then fly close to them (300' or so) they show up and as I fly away they disappear again at about 800'. Baffling to say the least.Update 2... removed SmallPartRejectRadius completely and same thing so it's not the problem here.

Jay

You should try to put it to zero. It worked for me.
I´ve listned to you and changed it to 0. This helped partly. If I´m near enough, some of the big ones appear and won´t go away. But some small ones won´t appear. (Maybe i´ll didn´t test correct. Have to check that further.) It looks that I´m slowly getting it! :(

I´ve listned to you and changed it to 0. This helped partly. If I´m near enough, some of the big ones appear and won´t go away. But some small ones won´t appear. (Maybe i´ll didn´t test correct. Have to check that further.) It looks that I´m slowly getting it! smile.png
Same here, it only affects moving boats though, static ones are fine.

Jay