Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

Thank you Pete. Did my flight at LOWI OEV16 with everything on MAX with no problems :-)i have linked your updates on the danish community over at www.simulators.dkThanks againMichaelPS!Will test EGLL-EDDM later :-)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Good news for me, I finally tested to see if I'd get a crash on a known problem route for me, EGLL to EDDF, overflying EBBR. Always used to g3d.dll CTD around EBBR, not so this time!I only wish we had this fix years ago, as I would have flown more European routes.Here's the log:10425328 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented *** 10989615 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented *** 11204413 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented *** 11742601 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented *** 13578623 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 4391 secs = 19.0 fps 13578623 Average weather filter write interval in that time = 2012.2 msecs 13608123 C:UsersAJAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXPrevious flight.FLT 13647638 System time = 08/12/2011 03:03:31, Simulator time = 15:42:20 (14:42Z) 13647638 *** FSUIPC log file being closedAverage frame rate for running time of 13046 secs = 20.7 fpsAverage weather filter write interval in that time = 5860.7 msecsG3D fix: Passes 649318, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 9, Separate instances 9Memory managed: 6748 Allocs, 6748 Freed********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********PETE DOWSON FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This fix has pulled me out of the shadows back into flying in FSX. My sim was notorious for crashing on me with the g3d.dll in various different places in the World. After flying everyday for the last 7 days, I've not experienced a single crash. I'm about to bust out my wallet for some major purchases, it'll be glorious end of the year in my hangar and virtual world. $$$Thank you Pete!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just curious if I have the correct version of FSUIPC.DLL. V 4.749f. Reason I ask is I'm still getting the g3d.dll error. KMEM to KFNT. Never noticed this occuring until I installed a new GTX 580 Video Card! Perhaps I missed something?
The fix went in version 4.749d and hasn't been taken out in subsequent versions, but it only fixes one very specific crash. There are probably dozens or more other crashes which can occur in G3D. However, also check the FSUIPC4.LOG file to ensure it says that the fix is installed. It will only install in the SP2 and Acceleration versions of G3D.DLL, not in the RTM or SP1 versions.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guest firehawk44
Just curious if I have the correct version of FSUIPC.DLL. V 4.749f. Reason I ask is I'm still getting the g3d.dll error. KMEM to KFNT. Never noticed this occuring until I installed a new GTX 580 Video Card! Perhaps I missed something?
Open the Modules folder in FSX and right click on FSUIPC.dll and select properties. It will tell you which version you have. You can also look at the FSUIPC install document in the same folder and it will tell you the version plus whether it was installed correctly or not.Best regards,JimEDIT: See Pete beat me to the response....

Guest firehawk44
Jim,Thanks for your response. I have and it is version 4.749f using both properties and FSUIPC install log to verify. Now I simply replaced the FSUIP.dll with the one from Pete's web site, not doing a full install.The FSUIPC log shows the gd3.dll attemp fix started but no error log when it happens. I ve attempted three flight between KMEM and KFNT and get the g3d.dll error in the same location everytime. I understand this isn't the gd3.dll error forum but seems FSUIPC fix isn't doing the trick for me. Just my fortunate :) I unstalled GEX and used default scenery.Thanks
You did everything right. The FSUIPC.dll does NOT fix every g3d CTD. Pete has to know the fault offset for the CTD and then, if he has time, can add the fix to the next FSUIPC update. I haven't seen many people flying the KMEM-KFNT route...Best regards,Jim

You did everything right. The FSUIPC.dll does NOT fix every g3d CTD. Pete has to know the fault offset for the CTD and then, if he has time, can add the fix to the next FSUIPC update
It's not simply time. A couple of the G3D crashes reported in the "Gd3" [sic] thread aren't really patchable that I can see. I was just lucky with the main one affecting most folks. But with the G3D.DLL version number, the offset value and the error code I can at least take a look. Folks need to check the Windows error log to get those details.RegardsPete
I never had the gd3.dll error until iI installed the 580 a week ago. Strange and probably just coincidence..
Not necessarily a coincidence. It could still be a video driver problem, which can cause crashes in any of several FSX modules and in the Windows "ntdll" module. Try upgrading or even downgrading the nVidia driver. I always make sure I'm up to date with my GTX 580 -- check www.guru3d.com for a vast range of nVidia drivers.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Just wanted to let you know that I have completed my testing on the FSUIPC G3D.dll workaround.When flying I run my computer at max Ghz and settings as outlined in my signature, with fully maxed scenery and weather display options. I completed a very long flight in an Aerosoft Twin Otter in ORBX PNW with 100% UT2 Traffic from Darrington (FTX) and landing in Concrete (FTX), Israel's Farm (FTX), Skagit Regional (FTX), Orcas Island (FTX), Stuart Island (OZX), Anacortes (FTX), Diamond Point (FTX), Jefferson Country (default), Cushman Narrows (FTX), Bear Gulch (FTX), Vashon Island (FTX), Wax Orchard (FTX), Boeing Field (Default), Bowerman (FTX), Astoria (Default), Stark's Twin Oaks (FTX), and finally over ORBX's downtown Portland to KPDX for fuel.I had intended to continue to fly through Walter Sutton's (FTX) and wind my way back to Darrington after visiting a few OZX airports, but it was already 2:30 am and I had started in early evening. It was a flaw free trip the entire way, without any kind of glitch or problem, except when trying to keep my eyes open. At the end the FSUIPC log said that the program had prevented nine (9) G3D.dll system crashes. What more can I say? Obviously stressing out FSX with 100% maximized settings and super clocked speeds produces fatal G3D.dll errors, but that FSUIPC renders them harmless. So, I will now buy the product and take advantage of the other benefits of registering.I wanted to be sure that we would not be disappointed once again. It really works, honest to Pete!im%20Not%20Worthy.gifKind regards,

Hi,unfortunately it did not solve the crash I usually have caused by g3d.dll approaching LPFR flying from LPPT.regardsAbrupto

Interesting enough, people who report that the error hasn't been solved are not able to or do not post the background info on the error.I just find it interesting it's just those people. Not one background info.

Guest jahman
Hi,unfortunately it did not solve the crash I usually have caused by g3d.dll approaching LPFR flying from LPPT.regardsAbrupto
As has been said before multiple times on this thread, you need to post your particualr G3D crash information for analysis by PeteD.Cheers,- jahman.

As has been said before multiple times on this thread, you need to post your particualr G3D crash information for analysis by PeteD.Cheers,- jahman.
As soon as I come home I will do the flight and post the crash info.And I do not understand what is the meaning of "those people" mencioned by Srdan Kostic . Can you please explain?RegardsAbrupto

As soon as I come home I will do the flight and post the crash info.And I do not understand what is the meaning of "those people" mencioned by Srdan Kostic . Can you please explain?RegardsAbrupto
It was not pertinent to your post directly, but that we have seen on some threads now people reporting new g3d.dll errors, but then extended info was requested and that never came.It would be nice if you posted yours.

It was not pertinent to your post directly, but that we have seen on some threads now people reporting new g3d.dll errors, but then extended info was requested and that never came.It would be nice if you posted yours.
Of course I will post it as soon as possible.I do not want to argue, but to me, it´s obvious that you replied to my post. You should be more polite next time and not call "those people" in a pejorative way to a forum member just because he did not post the info you think he should post.RegardsAbrupto

Guest jahman
...I'm suspecting, with no basis of proof, a TCAS.dll was causing my errors and causing conflicts. Was missing from an addon aircraft I reinstalled and instantly recieved the g3d.dll, nt.dll and ATC.dll errors. Uninstalled the aircraft and its gone. Again, purely coincidence?
What aircraft? What version of TCAS.dll?Cheers,- jahman.