Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

No G3D.dll crashes on my system since this FSUIPC fix, and I registered FSUIPC as a way to thank Peter Dowson, but find that FSUIPC is really useful also for managing controller axis and especially aircraft specific profiles...

I now fly helicopters much more often in FSX since FSUIPC recognizes the aircraft and automatically applies my profile that reverses the throttle axis for use as a collective. FSUIPC is now something I wouldn't fly without.

--John near KPAE

Hello

It will handle your controllers much better than FSX ever could, I could not imagine being without Fsuipc's profiles

I may try FSUIPC to replace the CH Control Manager on my second rig and run the learning curve for controllers. I've read the tutorial for FSUIPC but the light bulb still has not turned on as yet. I purchased a second Eclipse Yoke back in Nov 2011, they made a production change of some sort and combined with a change MS made to digital signatures the new Yoke isn't recognized and so can't be calibrated in the CHCM. Not sure how long (10 months so far) before a new version CHCM will work with this new Yoke so maybe the hair pulling of learning FSUIPC may pay off down the road. I put the Yoke back in the box while waiting for a new CHCM and just run a stick on the second rig.

Frank L.T

Thanks a lot!

Yesterday flight ended with G3D.dll crash.

Today, after FSUIPC fix, the same flight ended well.

Works great ! :lol:

I didn't believe there were still people out there without this fix! You should buy it, if you didn't already. The guy really deserves the support.

Hello,

I now have the dreaded g3d.dll CTD as well although my CTD's appear to be different than what is described in this thread as well as the initial g3d.dll thread. I have yet to have a CTD in flight and I do own FTX PNW. My issue appears to be "somewhat" related to the installation of GSX. When GSX is installed I cannot even load FSX without a CTD. If I remove GSX, FSX runs fine without a CTD. I do understand GSX is not causing the CTD; it is just conflicting with something else within FSX. My question...will the latest FSUIPC correct my problems? If I do install FSUIPC and still receive the g3d.dll error can I easily uninstall it and run FSX without GSX (basically an "undo")? I have completed 4 Windows 7 and FSX installs trying to determine the problem and do not want to do it again. Its takes way to long to go through this process and I fear I will stop simming if I have to do it again.

Thanks,

James

I do understand GSX is not causing the CTD; it is just conflicting with something else within FSX.

Then it is causing the CTD by conflicting with FSX.

Try Deleting the default flight, go into the FSX.cfg and look for the line that starts with;

SITUATION=

Delete whatever comes after the equals sign then save fsx.cfg and that will restore the true FSX default flight, which hopefully will let the sim load. If not then back up the FSX.cfg by copying it to somewhere else and then delete it altogether and let FSX create a new one the next time it is run.

Cheers, Andy.

Why is this unpinned?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Then it is causing the CTD by conflicting with FSX.

LOL! That's what I think too! If you read the FSDT forums they tell you it is not GSX even though several people have the same problem. FSDT refers us to this g3d.dll thread, and, to their defense I do have the g3d.dll error.

The g3d.dll error that occurred in the OP happened to 99.9% of the flight simmers and it was fixed by installing FSUIPC.dll as Pete provided the fix in his product. There are many flight simmers who use GSX from FSDT and do not get the g3d.dll error. I think you have something else amiss in your system that is causing this crash. I think one cause could be your anti-virus program as I think some anti-virus programs think the Couatl Scripting Engine FSDT uses thinks it is a virus and may not install the product properly. I would also make sure you right click couatl.exe and select properties and select to run the program in campatibilikty mode for Windows XP and, in the Privilege level, select run as administrator.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

What's weird is I never had a g3d.dll CTD problem until I added an SSD drive dedicated for FSX. My previous set-up included my O/S and FSX all on one drive. I never had any problems and rarely did I have a CTD. When CTD's did occur I was able to isolate the problem and fix accordingly. I installed everything the same as before with the only difference being that FSX was installed to its own drive. The only other thing that is different is I am now using AHCI instead of IDE. I highly doubt that's causing the problem though. I did do a fresh Windows 7 reinstall after changing my disk storage to AHCI.

I have several FSDT sceneries and only GSX appears to cause the CTD's.

Any other thoughts?

James

Any other thoughts?

I have FSX on an SSD too as well as hundreds of other members here and did not get the g3d.dll CTD. I would update your video card drivers or uninstall/reinstall them.

Download a Driver Update program. These are free until you ask the program to download and update the drivers but you can see what drivers are needed. The place you bought the computer, like Dell, has a place to check for driver updates. I built my current system and ASUS, my MB maker, has driver updates on their site. If everyone had a CTD after installing an SSD, then I could easily say you are right and FSX doesn't work on an SSD but it works very well.

Another suggestion is to download and install a program like Advanced System Care. It's freeware but it does many more things if you purchase a license. There are a lot of programs like this out there that troubleshoots your system and makes sure it is running properly. If not, it will tell you and offer to fix it. I use Advanced System Care at least once a week to keep my system clean. I also check the ASUS website or a driver scanner to make sure all my drivers are up-to-date.

I wish I could give you the magic bullet that would solve the cause of your crash right now but it's not that easy. You can investigate your problem further by disabling all of your addon scenery through the Scenery Library or a freeware program like Scenery Config Editor. If the problem goes away, it is most likely one of those sceneries. You'll just have to enable them 3-4 at a time and see which one is at fault.

I still think it is your video card driver but it could be a texture being called by FSX to render in a scene and it is not there. Your system then has a memory issue and crashes. There are so many possibilities it really is mind-boogling as you can see in the real g3d.dll thread (this one was just started to tell everyone there was a g3d.dll fix without one having to go through the hundreds of pages), the g3d.dll was discussed at length and probably one of the most discussed topics in the history of AVSIM. Sorry I can't help you more.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Worked Perfect for me . No more CTD's i was having trouble with Flight Beam , FlyTampa , FSDT , Super Traffic Board you name it . $32.00 well spent ! Very Pleased so far . I owe some forums apolgizes for blaming the product especially Flight Beam KPHX. Whoops on my part

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.