Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

g3d.dll workaround/fix to prevent FSX crashes

Is this the fault FSUIPC traps? This is the one I keep getting:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000ba79f

Faulting process id: 0x10c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd32ae2d80c0bf

Faulting application path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: F:\FSX\g3d.dll

Report Id: 7152ee66-9ea3-11e1-b833-bc5ff408d7a8

I got this in the “exact” same spot in Orbx PNW 3 days in a row.

I start at 2WA1, then (landing, taxiing and taking off at each one in A2A J-3) on to 0S9, 74S, KBVS, S43, and 1WA6. Things start to get a little stuttery as I approach 1WA6 and from there I head towards WA69 on a heading of 240 which would take me right over KSEA. The app crash occurs just a bit over the last set of hills on the way there, maybe 10 miles from the runway at KSEA. The screen freezes for 2 to 3 seconds and the crash occurs. Once it locks up I also can’t take a screenshot to get the precise coordinates before the “application shut down” screen appears.

If it is the one (or one of) then I have 2 more questions for anyone that knows:

1. Does just installing FSUIPC solve the issue or is some other file manipulation required for the fix?

2. Does FSUIPC take control of any other aspects of the sim automatically (like my controllers – I hope not). Or do I assign what features I want to engage or not engage.

Thanks.

Frank L.T

1. Does just installing FSUIPC solve the issue or is some other file manipulation required for the fix?

Just installing FSUIPC is enough.

Does FSUIPC take control of any other aspects of the sim automatically

No.

do I assign what features I want to engage or not engage

You can assign whatever you wish or do not wish. Choice is yours.

Thanks again Pete.

I went for a short IFR night flight from KORS to PDX last evening and had 5 G3D crashes stopped by my registered copy of the FSUIPC module. This sim would be essentially unusable with heavy scenery, strong hardware and high settings without it.

Kind regards,

Well after months of not being able to land in my favourite payware airport I followed the advice here and bought FSUIPC4..No more crashes! I am a happy man,and better still fsuipc only cost me 12 euro due to a discount for having bought fsuipc for fs9 previously..Happy days!

Can anyone offer any insight into this error? I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC Installed.

I noticed my g3d.dll version was different than the poster above, though I have FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 installed.

Dave

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0009527c

Faulting process id: 0xe90

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd798e9571bedf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g3d.dll

Report Id: 1806f2d2-e58b-11e1-aa32-6cf049e73024

Thanks.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Guest firehawk44

I get the crashes also. Could it be because MS says that FSX Deluxe isn't compatible with Win7-64?

Can't believe they say FSX Gold, FSX Acceleration, FSX 10 (Basic Edition) are all 64 bit compatible but not FSX Deluxe? I went in there and changed it (well I sent in a report that the "not compatible" was wrong). I did another search for 64 bit compatibility with FSX and it says it's compatible with FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?l=en-us&type=Software&s=fsx. Sometimes I think life is confusing....

Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim

Wow! If this is indeed true, I look forward to less CTDs :clapping:

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

This fix has been around for a while... it fixed them for me.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This fix has been around for a while... it fixed them for me.

Yes, and FSUIPC is a must have as far as i am concerned and has been since my Fs2002 days.

I bought a copy of FSUIPC (due to the recommendation in this thread) and it in combination with running windowed mode only has cured about 90% of my FSX crashes. Thanks Word Not Allowed for pointing me in the right direction and thanks heaps to Peter Dowson for offering us a way out of g3d.dll hell!

I wouldn't leave the ground (for long) without it. Stopped all G3D.dll crashes on my system.

Kind regards,

2. Does FSUIPC take control of any other aspects of the sim automatically (like my controllers – I hope not). Or do I assign what features I want to engage or not engage.

Hello

It will handle your controllers much better than FSX ever could, I could not imagine being without Fsuipc's profiles