Sign in to follow this  
Pilots Report

Repaint Tutorial?

Hi All..Does anyone know if there are any indepth tutorials out there, on how to repaint this elegant lady.. (I would like to dress her myself) Pardon the expression Worried.gifThanks.Ian

Hi Ian, I'd recommend starting here.It will familiarize yourself with the everything you need to know. As for the differences between the NGX and the aircraft of choice in the tutorial, there really aren't any. I just got the NGX personally so have just started my first paint yesterday. I've been noting some differences but in the way that I explain in the tutorial, so far I have yet to see anything that would require even a word of editing.I am however planning a revised tutorial anyway but of course they take time. I'm hoping to do a video tutorial this time but for me that will take more time than all that writing ;)It will be the NGX but again, it doesn't really matter and all of the concepts and techniques are identical in case you rather not wait.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Oh, by the way, the images will be back up tomorrow (a few hours). I'm doing back ups on all my sites and disabled some while I pull it all over to my comp.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I was gonna make a video tutorial for that but I think Dan's tutorial will be a lot easier to understand. :)

Oh, by the way, the images will be back up tomorrow (a few hours). I'm doing back ups on all my sites and disabled some while I pull it all over to my comp.
Hi Dan,This is a really very helpfull tutorial. Thank you for all the effort you have put into it!I have been working with it all day. As all the links to images are missing right now it's a little hard. But I wonder what you mean by "a few hours". Will they only be available for a limited time? And if so, when would that be in UTC?Regards,Herman

Herman Nienhuis

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Sorry Herman, it went longer than I expected. The images should be available again shortly and will stay available after that with no more down time. The tutorial is as it is from that link. It was a long process so I proof read it several times and is still very accurate, but there were a couple things CS5 users pointed out that I fix in a revised version you can find at my forum (can't update the one here on Avsim). If you use CS3 or even CS4 that one should be fine though and even for CS5 users it should be fairly easy to figure out where there are slight differences. My updated tut is here.@ Sagga, more than one tut never hurts bud. I'm hoping to get mine started tonight. I want to do a very thorough one like my original write up so it will be a multi video tutorial. I'm always looking for tut makers though at our forum. I have several FLASH tutorials and some photoshop tutorials already available. We actually have several sections for tutorials and some IFR tutorials I did in FLASH that enable the user to interact in the video section (since FLASH is video).@ Dennis, ahh yes, lovely Kate sure does make it more pleasurable to learn, doesn't she. ;)If other are wondering, she is the model I use (and abuse) in a tutorial on my forum: "Layer Masks & Displacement Maps"

Dan Prunier