Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Engine Sound Problems

I am having that issue for quite a while now but now I decided to maybe find a solution for this. On some planes I have, the engine sound is still audible in external view with engines shut down, also its pretty much mis-mixed with engines running in idle, with some sound parts being annoyingly loud. Only way to fix this is to power the engines up and down a bit but this only works until the next view switch.The Problem appears with all CLS Planes, regardless of what soundpack I use, and with the PMDG 747 used with TSS' FSX soundpack.I once contacted CLS support on that one, but they just told me to update my sound card drivers. I already have the most recent ones and I run the realtek on-board sound of my ASUS M4A785-M. Since I also got this Problem with a PMDG plane, however, it does not seem to be a CLS problem.any ideas on this?thx in ADV

I have always had problems with sound created for FS9 in FSX. I think it is system specific - some seem to be more sensitive than others. I have looked at all the fixes and the only one that people have had success with is converting all of the stereo wav files to mono. I have not personally tried that fix. I only buy sound packs created for FSX. I have had a lot of success with TSS stuff. All CLS sounds suck on my system - even the MD80 ones that were supposedly made for FSX.And yes, if you don't have the problem, you will not understand what the problem is. Trying to explain FSX sound problems to someone that doesn't have them is like trying to explain the color yellow to a blind person.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I see and thanks for your answer, the only problem is I have that issue with 2 soundpacks which were designed by CLS for FSX (as they have sound cones). The CLS DC-10 had that issue so I installed the FSX A300-600 sound by TSS on it (same engines), but its still there. Same applies to the PMDG 747-400X where I have installed the TSS FSX RR sound on.Since I have that issue with CLS sounds as well, its nothing neither TSS nor CLS support can help me with.