Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Which Control Yoke

Hi all, I am considering buy a Control Yoke. I am considering the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system. Does anybody have it and if you do is it good. Would anybody recommend something else?Aaron G.

I have had the CH product and was satisfied. I have a Saitek joystick currently but am going to purchase the Saitek Pro yoke as I like the stand alone throttles. Saitek also offers the radio stack and other addons that look good.

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

CH Products USB Yoke works very well for me and has the Throttle etc incorporated - less clutter..

Bert

I have both yokes. Personally, I find the CH yoke awful. It's clunky and sticks. Not smooth at all. As for those silly t/m/p controls , seriously, have you ever seen anything more unrealistic?but my biggest gripe with CH, is that they seem to have done nothing in the last number of years to improve on it. The Saitek yoke, not without its faults, particularly on the aggressive centering action, at least feels more immersive with the 2 x throttle quadrants which are programmable too. Saitek is my choice and also has great rudder unit

I've had both and agree with previous post--CH throttle is clunky. It was great when it came out and was the only yoke at that price point available. The Saitek is much better along wth the separate throttle. I do still use the ChProducts throttle quadrant (a seperate controller).Randall

Guest jahman
I have both yokes. Personally, I find the CH yoke awful. It's clunky and sticks. Not smooth at all....
Easily and permanently fixed with a $5 can of Dupont Teflon Silicone Lubricant. Also replacing CH Yoke pots after they get worn is pretty easy (can't say the same about Saitek pots...)Cheers,- jahman.

I have the CH products, but they have been in their boxes for years because they performed so poorly for my tastes. I will do have saitek products and find that they are much better quality than Fischer Price, sorry, I meant CH. Just my personal opinion.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

The Saitek yoke, not without its faults, particularly on the aggressive centering action, at least feels more immersive with the 2 x throttle quadrants which are programmable too.
I nearly sent my Saitek Pro Yoke back due to that "aggressive centering action" but after a couple of weeks I got used to it and find it a very good and accurate yoke. Definitely worth setting it up through FSUIPC. I still have my old CH yoke but as others have noted they go sticky very quickly. Silicone lubricant is only a temporary solution.

I'm still using the CH Yoke but it irritates me. Less than the Saitek one though.The Saitek stuff is brilliantly put together, my old X52 is still perfect after years of abuse. The yoke though has a center detent. I have no idea what they were smoking at Saitek when they decided to put that in there. I can not fly with it and will never do so. I've flown many aircraft in real life and the only one I've ever seen with a center detent on the yoke is the Beech Bonanza. That's hardly enough reason to put a center detent on a yoke that's meant for all aircraft. It's unflyable in my opinion, which is a shame because the unit is rugged and smooth. So I'm still on the CH Yoke which is flimsy and feels cheap but somehow is still in one piece.Bottom line: I wish CH would use slightly thicker plastic or something. The whole yoke handle bends in your hand. Saitek stuff feels great, but whoever thought putting a center detent on the yoke needs to have his head examined. Really dumb idea if you ask me.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0811/Saitek/Hardware.htmlThat's a review I wrote about the entire Saitek Pro Flight system.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest jahman
I nearly sent my Saitek Pro Yoke back due to that "aggressive centering action" but after a couple of weeks I got used to it and find it a very good and accurate yoke. Definitely worth setting it up through FSUIPC. I still have my old CH yoke but as others have noted they go sticky very quickly. Silicone lubricant is only a temporary solution.
Well, if you used silicone with teflon (as I recommended), you would only have to reapply once every six months.Cheers,- jahman.

Easily and permanently fixed with a $5 can of Dupont Teflon Silicone Lubricant. Also replacing CH Yoke pots after they get worn is pretty easy (can't say the same about Saitek pots...)Cheers,- jahman.
Yeah, you see when I purchase a product, I expect the manufacturer to have taken care of that glaringly obvious item. I have not had to haul out my toolbox for the Saitek unit - after 2 years of relatively frequent use.

Same here. It's messy and despite application the CH Yoke still registers a different positiion each time you try and calibrate it in FSUIPC.I know the Saitek "detent" is annoying but you DO get used to it after a while. It's certainly much smoother and the "feel" is pretty good if you are flying an aircraft with an accurate airfile and correctly trimmed.