Sign in to follow this  
cyxe01

Bit of a "dumby" question

When Landing, the tower always asks me to enter runway (whatever) on the 45.... what do they m,ean enter on the 45 ??Thanks for any answersCYXE01Justin

IFR flight or VFR flight you getting those instructions?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

It not the runway number. And it's vfr. I.e. when landing at Saskatoon airport they will say enter runway 16 at the 45.Justin

I think it means as you approach the airfield you want to be on a 45 degree vector to the runway to join the circuit.Chris

.. Chris is right, this is how you suppose the enter the "Pattern" most likely left or right Downwind ...Yair

Go to runway 45 I think.Aaron G.
Err runway 45? On what planet because on earth there are only 360 degrees in a circle and so maximum runway number is ..... 36Rog

Rog Hanson

If the controller, the sectional, or the airport facilities directory doesn't specify otherwise, you assume the airport is flying a left pattern."Enter on the 45" means you join the downwind leg at a 45-degree angle to the runway, at pattern altitude.