Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Waypoints, Airports etc.

GuysWhy is it that quite a few Airports are actually missing in the Database of the PMDG.I would have thought they also come from Navigraph when youc donload the AIRACS on a monthly basis. Also it wonders me how some waypoints etc aremissing or not in the database when they are in Flight Sim Commander for example.You do your routes and transfer them over and in the NGX it says not in DB.How can you do a route if some airports are missing?????Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Can you be a little more specific? I assume you are not trying to use an ICAO airport code for a waypoint, which rarely works. The Navigraph coverage of airports and fixes is pretty good.

Dan Downs KCRP

GuysWhy is it that quite a few Airports are actually missing in the Database of the PMDG.I would have thought they also come from Navigraph when youc donload the AIRACS on a monthly basis. Also it wonders me how some waypoints etc aremissing or not in the database when they are in Flight Sim Commander for example.You do your routes and transfer them over and in the NGX it says not in DB.How can you do a route if some airports are missing?????Thx Ian
FSCommander only reads the FSX database, it has nothing to do with the FMC Navgraph data. Navgraph updates according to current 'real world' changes, FSX data is fixed to a date around 6 years ago so it wont show any changes after that date.

Jay

FSCommander only reads the FSX database, it has nothing to do with the FMC Navgraph data. Navgraph updates according to current 'real world' changes, FSX data is fixed to a date around 6 years ago so it wont show any changes after that date.
If you have an account with Navigraph you can download FMS data for Flightsim Commander 7.x / 8.x / 9.x

If you have an account with Navigraph you can download FMS data for Flightsim Commander 7.x / 8.x / 9.x
Yip David I know and I also do thatBute there is still a diffenrence between what FSC shows and what is in PMDG NGX FMC and both always are upodated the same timeFurthermore the FSC shows sometimes things like DCS and then UL650. The later I have never ever found in the FMC of the NGXThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Maybe the airports you're talking about aren't flyable by 737. For example if the airport is to little like EDLD, Dinslaken Schwarze Heide (which even has a 1500m runway) then the airport won't be in the database. Also when you're talking about some island airports, have you checked that you can even fly from there?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Maybe the airports you're talking about aren't flyable by 737. For example if the airport is to little like EDLD, Dinslaken Schwarze Heide (which even has a 1500m runway) then the airport won't be in the database. Also when you're talking about some island airports, have you checked that you can even fly from there?
Example PARO is not in PMDG. You can't set it as location. VQPR .Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

VQPR is in Bhutan. Navigraph dosen´t have that airport at all in their database.They have an airport LGPA on the island Paros in Greece however./ Leffe

Doesn't PMDG allow Airways in the FMC? They are never recognised.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Doesn't PMDG allow Airways in the FMC? They are never recognised.Thx Ian
Of course it allows airways. If you manual input your plan, you put the airways on the left sidein CDU and wp on the right side.When plan completed, you wont see the airways in any aircraft, because it knows now the heading from wp to wp./ Leffe

Of course it allows airways. If you manual input your plan, you put the airways on the left sidein CDU and wp on the right side.When plan completed, you wont see the airways in any aircraft, because it knows now the heading from wp to wp./ Leffe
Leffe Where on the left In the RTE Page?There it comes up invalid entry and in the legs it comes up with not in DBThx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

LeffeWhere on the left In the RTE Page?There it comes up invalid entry and in the legs it comes up with not in DBThx Ian
Airways go on the left side of the RTE page and waypoints go on the right side. For example, look at this route:EGNS DIRECT KELLY UL10 WAL UL151 KIDLI STAR EGKK This is a flight from Isle of Man-Ronaldsway to London-Gatwick.The final route on the FMC should look like this:DIRECT ---> KELLYUL10 ---> WALUL151 ---> KIDLIand then a STAR approach into Gatwick. Well, at least that's what I've been taught.

Airways go on the left side of the RTE page and waypoints go on the right side. For example, look at this route:EGNS DIRECT KELLY UL10 WAL UL151 KIDLI STAR EGKK This is a flight from Isle of Man-Ronaldsway to London-Gatwick.The final route on the FMC should look like this:DIRECT ---> KELLYUL10 ---> WALUL151 ---> KIDLIand then a STAR approach into Gatwick. Well, at least that's what I've been taught.
Thx DiegoI will give that a try now.Cheers Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better