Sign in to follow this  
denver69

texture tiles disapearing and reapearing during low visibility in distance

Hi,I am getting quite frustrated as to when I get into an area of reduced visibility in FSX usually less than 8 miles I am now seeing all the distant "squares" of land textures turn whiteish or more or less the same color as the haze that is responsible for the reduced visibility. These white squares are arranged in a blockie circle around the aircraft starting at about 10 miles from the aircraft. It is the worst when the visibility is about 8 miles because when the visibility is less I cant see them through the haze. When the visibility is better I see the normal texture rendering all the way out to the limit of the visibility. When I pan these blocks shift around but stay the same distance away from the aircraft. This looks awfull and am not sure if it is an ASE issue or an FSX issue but I did not have this problem a little while ago.Thanks

I used to see terrible tile disappearing issues before I used the HighMem=1 fix. Have you used this?

Yes, I have that. This is a hard problem to explain and is not really dissapearing texture tiles in the normal sense. It is like they turn white at the limit of visibility but only when the visibility is less than about 8 miles. When the vis is then less than 3 miles you just cannot see them anymore but they are still there so in those situations on approach when the vis gets down to 3-8 miles it looks real ugly. There was a post above that I replied to a couple away from this one where a guy had the same problem but with more distant mountains while on the ground but same issue with texture tiles turning white, in his case the whole mountain range would turn white a he decreased the visibility. I probably need to set up a flight and take some screenshots.It is a peculiar way FS will render limited vis and it may have to do with some conflicting add ons. I have so many it makes troubleshooting difficult.His post is titled "Fog issue with ASE" and is currently a few down from this one as of now. He has a good screenshot showing the problem.