Sign in to follow this  
Qantasdude555

regular traffic in PHNL

Hey all,Not sure if this is in the right forum I'm going to Hawaii on Tuesday and was wandering what classic regular aircraft PHNL gets, eg 727's, classic 747's, DC10's ect, I've always wanted to see some of these classics in action. i'm very excited and flying on JQ3.thanks :)

Not so much any more. You can often see some B744 or MD10/MD11 cargo types at the old overseas terminal area and also some on the cargo pads just Diamondhead of the main terminal (past United gates). There used to be regular DC-10 flights by Omni air on charter to Las Vegas, but that service is now B763. There still is the occasional Omni Air DC-10 flying for US DoD that comes through. Some carriers are still flying B744, but the numbers are dwindling. Over at Hickam there is a KC-135R squadron that might count as classic.scott s..

The F-22's are cool to watch. I think the sights on the beach are a little better than an airport Love.gif

I loved listening to the Aloha 732's. Quite the noise!

There still are like three of them around dba Aloha Air Cargo.scott s..

There still are like three of them around dba Aloha Air Cargo.scott s..
Yeah I know that is what I was referring to. I was there a few weeks ago.

Hey all, had a great time and the airport had the best traffic!Asia pacific 727F's kallitta air 7472F's, Aloha cargo 7372F's and lots of good military stuff.It was a great holiday place, but like most cities has it's "ugly places".Thanks all for your help.