Sign in to follow this  
palala

buffet warning?

up popped the warning on the FMC "buffet warning" not time for dinner I presume? any ideas?cheersMel

Is there a table that lists all these obscure warnings. I never new that 1 either (I got is twice). Is is not so intuitive, why not say "slow down stupid"I also get:"TAI on above 10 degrees" - what the heck is this?Any secret decoding page - can't find it iin the manuals.

Paul Gugliotta

My best guess for your "TAI on above 10 degrees" msg is that you have Anti-Ice turned on and the TAT is greater than 10 degrees C. I don't know if it's a universal definition, but for my RW airline visible moisture and TAT at or below 10C is the definition of icing conditions (there's a little more to it than that, but that's the basics and the basis for my thoughts on the msg you're getting.

Go to the FCOM volume 2 chapter 11 section 60.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

They are not obscure warnings but common FMC alerting and advisory messages.There are also FMC ENTRY error messages................eg. " Invalid Entry"They are there for a good reason.Fcom Vol2 pages 1119-1137Fred.

Is there a table that lists all these obscure warnings. I never new that 1 either (I got is twice). Is is not so intuitive, why not say "slow down stupid"I also get:"TAI on above 10 degrees" - what the heck is this?Any secret decoding page - can't find it iin the manuals.
Try the search function on the .pdf and you might find some answers. Also, you go into the FMC, you can toggle the option "Dude Speak" off or on. It changes all those tough professional aviator terms to fun-to-read terms. Try that, and it might help you out. Good luck!

Matt Cee

Try the search function on the .pdf and you might find some answers. Also, you go into the FMC, you can toggle the option "Dude Speak" off or on. It changes all those tough professional aviator terms to fun-to-read terms. Try that, and it might help you out. Good luck!
Hold down the delete key and press the menu button 5 times.LOL.gif

... why not say "slow down stupid"
Let's see how it sounds: "Read the manual, idiot". Does it sound good at all when it's refering to you? I really don't think so. That's just one of the reasons why they don't use this Whistle.gifFor those who care reading the manual: FCOM Vol. 2, Chapter 11, Section 60 (11.60.1) or page 1119 of the PDF.

Matheus Mafra

Does 'visible moisture' include clouds?
Yup! Clouds, fog with visibility below 1 mile, rain, snow and sleet.

Matheus Mafra