Sign in to follow this  
prdant

In flight Ambiance

I used to use a program called Flightdeck Companion. It does not work with WIN7. Does anyone know of a comparable product. FDC was like having a PIC and crew behind you and cabin ambiance.Thanks

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

FS2Crew is part of the same genre.There are a million user created videos on YouTube to get a sense of it.http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fs2crew&oq=fs2crew&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=679l1592l0l1661l7l7l0l3l3l0l149l523l0.4l4l0Cheers,

Thanks Brian, this does look good except it is restricted to only one default 737, unless you buy the gold version.

Phill Dant

Not totally... There are FS2Crew's available for most of the most major aircraft (PMDG 737, Jetstream, 747, Maddog, iFly, etc., so it's not restricted to just the Default 737 by any means.But they are generally separate purchases unless you buy a Combo pack like Airline Pilot Extreme, etc.Cheers,

Hi,There's also Multi Crew Experience - it's a voice controlled FO / ground mechanic (pushback and fuel) / purser.The FO can control many systems of default and some 'complex' aircraft - CS 757-767, LDS 767, iFly and PMDG 737NGXes, MD11, 747, 4100. (Buy one, control them all!)If you use TTS voices, you can use their VoxScript feature and script out "procedures" and have the FO acknowledge.Here's a link to an Avsim review from 2009, but they've done major (free) updates since, and they do offer a free time-limited demo. (A new update was just announced today I see.)

its nothing like fs2crew experience , voice commander, voice are real has can be ...
MCE now includes two pre recorded voices, so no more MS Anna or Mike.Bryan.

Hi Bryan didnt see any new voice anywhere accept for att, ceparal etc ...the only one i heard are still robotictry fs2crew nothing compare to mce wish is nice but robotic wish for me is a big turn off

I used to use a program called Flightdeck Companion. It does not work with WIN7. Does anyone know of a comparable product. FDC was like having a PIC and crew behind you and cabin ambiance.Thanks
Hi,I've used Pro Flight Emulator and Flight Deck Companion in the past with great success. I've now got a new system running Win7 and on it PFE runs perfectly. I haven't got around to configuring FDC on this computer, but when I saw your post I installed and updated it. The initial screen is functioning, with all the buttons operative. I have yet to use it in flight, but did you get this far on your own system?Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Bryan didnt see any new voice anywhere accept foratt, ceparal etc ...the only one i heard are still robotictry fs2crew nothing compare to mce wish is nice but robotic wish for me is a big turn off
There's a new choice in the MCE menu - Recorded voices vs TTS voices.MCE is such a "Swiss knife" that the recorded voice packs appear huge... thousands of things to be said.I may still keep my IVONA Amy as my FO... personal preference of course. wink.png Regards,

Thanks Jim, after your post I installed FDC again and ran under compatability mode and it loaded ok. The issue now is when I click connect I get a "subscript out of range" error. I will try to google it but it may not be found.

Phill Dant

So in google there is an old post about using v3,1 but I cannot locate anything like that. Oh well it was a fun program.

Phill Dant

There's a new choice in the MCE menu - Recorded voices vs TTS voices.MCE is such a "Swiss knife" that the recorded voice packs appear huge... thousands of things to be said.I may still keep my IVONA Amy as my FO... personal preference of course. wink.pngRegards,
Ok im bying it and will report back

Hi,All I can add is I have Win7HP, and I installed and updated FDC as administrator (I have UAC permanently turned off).In FDC I chose the Lear 45, started FSX with a previously saved flight, changed aircraft to a Lear 28 (addon aircraft), pressed connect in FDC, and had a nice young lady call out the flaps settings. I haven't gone further than that as right now I have my Fighterstick connected for a helicopter, and need to change to my yoke for fixed wing.I hope you get it to work, for the combination of PFE handling communications, and taxi instructions, and FDC providing everything else on a commercial flight is really satisfying.regards, JimPS The version of FDC I'm running is 3.14

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Ok im bying it and will report back
I'd suggest, as with anything, running a demo/trial first.... Straight Face.gif