Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

Panel size

HiWhen I start the FSX with a MD11 the panel does not fill the whole screen. On the right side always stays some space.It seems that the panel doesn't fit the resolution of my screen! When I reboot the plane, the panel is ok. I play in wide screen mode and panel with 1680x1050. In the panel cfg it is witten panel size 1920. To change this does not help. And did anybody recognize that there are small white rectangles in der right upper corner of the screen? They are visible even ob the screenshots of the PMDG itself!Any ideas?THXMax

I mean not the autopilot panel...so i know how to fly the md11! This is only a graphic problem i think! But thanks!And i know here in the forum other people got the same problem! The resolution problem i have also with the original aircraft 747!? No problems with other planes and addons!

I was thinking that maybe you didn't put "wide screen" on the MD-11 load manager. And could you show me us a screenshot with your problem, I myself cannot fully understand the problem... And what white rectangles are you talking about? Can't find them :PManfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Ok here some shots!My resolution is 1680x1050widescreen in FSX and MD 11 via load managerI can scratch the panel with the mouse or reload the plane, than everything is ok! But this is not normal!Whats going wrong here?

I know thanks. I have done that at first but same problem!And as you can see on the screenshots it is in widescreen;)

Ahh, now I understand :) I have that problem if I reload the MD11 (for example: exit FSX to menu, change livery and restart) but if I choose another aircraft before (for example cessna 172) and switch back to the MD11 I usually don't get the problem. If I get it I simply drag out the panel since it still is the same panel, just a bit to thin. About that box in the upper left corner. I have no idea what it is...Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Yep:) If i start for example with the md11 than i still got this problem. when i start with an another plane and reload the md11 than it is fine! Or you drag out the panel, right! in the panel cfg i resize the glashire panel and the dummy panel a.s.o but nothing helps! Now i know iam not the only one with this problem;) but i find a way to clear the box in the upper corner! i change the resolution(panel.cfg) from 1920 original to 1913! Think this is a problem with FSX and the videocard!And sorry for my english...:)Maxmaybe the guys from PMDG knows what we have to do...but anyway it is still a nice plane;)

Max,You have a slightly unusual screen resolution. FS has to compute and remember panel dimensions, so when switching from a small to a larger size, sometimes the panel (any panel) doesn't adjust. You can manual "stretch" the panel to fit your dimensions, or reload the panel. Full screen mode works better.The tiny box in the upper left corner is a gauge. It usually isn't seen, but when you have size problems, FS causes strange things to happen. If you can ignore it and realize it's actually supposed to be there, great.Bill

.....You have a slightly unusual screen resolution. ....
Whatever the resolution of his monitor, and I'd say relatively uncommon rather than unusual, it's still a 16:10 ratio which is what the widescreen panel set for the MD11 is created in so it should scale OK. My monitor is that resolution and I don't see that problem. I wonder if the size of the affected window has somehow got altered in the panel.cfg file?Andy Lawton