Sign in to follow this  
Morganw487

While flying the NGX...

Captains,As I enjoy the NGX from city to city, one thing in particular has been bothering me. The cookie cutter runway markings, like the numbers, dashes, threshold markers, distance markers...etc are all perfectly white. No discoloration at all. A repainted runway would not even look as white as the markings in FSX. I do have REX 2.0 Overdrive, but it does not include a texture for these runway markings. Thus, I am left with nice tire marks and cracks like a weathered runway, but perfect runway markings. I know Orbx solved the issue, but I am looking for a complete replacement that would allow all runways to have scuffed or more dull runway markings. Again, I have not found the option/runway that would provide this. Any freeware means of making it look better? The NGX looks so real, but the runways seem to bring it back to the "computer game" feel.Thanks,Morgan Wiley

I too have been recently noticing this more and more. I think it all started when I downloaded that weathered Delta repaint. Everything else now looks all 2011ish...lol

Yeah, I hate those runway markings too. I've been looking for a replacement also. Perhaps someone can edit a file and make those markings a little more dark?

Yeah, I hate those runway markings too. I've been looking for a replacement also. Perhaps someone can edit a file and make those markings a little more dark?
I'm not sure. I assumed this was something already addressed, I just couldn't find it. I don't have any expirience with creating texture replacements, but someone else probably is. It is terrible.

It would be nice if they could tone down the color and make the edges less perfect. That little bit would go a long way.