Sign in to follow this  
Heff

Repositioning of flight displays, CDU screens, ISIS, clocks and HUD.

I am wondering about a couple of things.When I click on the 6 flight displays, they will appear so I can stretch and position them. But I cant do this with the ISIS, clocks and HUD. And the CDU`s will still have the bezel with buttons displayed. Is there any solution for this? So I can get all the displays resizeable and moveable without having buttons and bezels displayed.And...If all this can be done, can the positions be saved? Or is there any plans to integrate functionality like this to accomplish the SDK?I have already finished a complete 737 sim based on PM, but planning and collecting parts for a second sim which hopefully will be a NGX based sim. Very busy in Autocad inventor designing stuff at the moment.But this is dependant on ability to reposition and save all the displays, and the upcoming SDK of course :-)Best regardsIvar Hestnes

And...If all this can be done, can the positions be saved? Or is there any plans to integrate functionality like this to accomplish the SDK?
I would be interested in that too.Thx

Thank you for your kind comments Jason :-)It was a big decision to start building a second simulator. But... when I finished the "woodie", I needed a new project of course. And after learning to build simulators for 5 years, the desicion was not so hard to make. Now I can enjoy the one I have, and at the same time build a new one, and push the bar further up. The new project will be much more demanding. I dont want to be dependant on PnP stuff with the shortcuts they have. So its time for doing it properly. Looks like the Arduino prototypeboards is the way to go. Total flexibility.But there is lots of programming stuff to learn. And that will keep me busy for a while, hehe. We are a few guys out there that has been fortunate to get hold of real 737 HUD`s, and the NGX is of course the ultimate solution for utilizing this.But all this boils down to have the displays managable :-)There is a sneaky other way of doing it, but I would rather not. A imagewarping software would do the trick, but it is far from a good solution.

I have just seen your site ...... yes the passion moves mountains and you have lot of talent indeed ...and lot of free time I would dare to say smile.png

I'm pretty sure sizing and position of the 2D pop ups can be saved/configured in the panel.cfg. X and Y coordinates and a bit of trail and error. That's what you asking right?