Sign in to follow this  
George Clark

Need onsite help to get me back flying

Hi fellow simmers, I have been simming for maybe 14 years. I am 74 years old and this is a passion with me. I have used FS 9 since it came out. Been using PMDG since it became available. Marvelous product, so real. I had my Private Pilot license and used to fly a C172 for several years, until I couldn't pass my medical for my license. About 5-6 months ago I got FSX and installed it. I used the default aircraft to fly this new system. Then a couple of months ago I purchased the 737 NGX. I haven't flown since. I have read eveything I could from the AVSIM Forums to the PMDG site, along with Computer Pilot magazine. I have a very good computer system Alienware 51, see my specs. I have follwed all of the installation material and all of the tweaks. There is no counting up the many, many hours I have spent on this. I have uninstalled both FS 9 and FSX numerous times and then put the whole thing together again, I have lost count on these. I am so frustrated with this problem. I think I have changed so many things, so many times I now can't even fly FS 9. I am out of business.PLEASE HELP!!!Is there anyone who lives close to Franklin,TN that would come see me and get me back to Flight Simming. I don't know what else to do.Please send me an Email at gclark7024@att.netThank you,George Clark

George,Could you tell us what the problem you're experiencing is?DaveOh, and just a thought here... do you have FSX SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration installed? I'm betting not, but any other addons? Updated video drivers? You have an NVIDA card, have you set the Anti Aliasing tweaks for FSX?Hard to say... looking forward to hearing what the problem is.Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

George,Might pay to remove your e mail adress from your post in case you get spammed. Just use PM as a means of private contact. Hope you get someone close by to help you. As I live 15000KM's from you it is not going to be me. Good luckJulian

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hello George,There is no such thing as a "former" private pilot. Once a pilot, always a pilot. Just because you have medical issues, as I do also, doesn't mean you aren't a pilot. Just means you can't fly. Good luck with solving your FSX problem.Dennis

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Hello George,There is no such thing as a "former" private pilot. Once a pilot, always a pilot. Just because you have medical issues, as I do also, doesn't mean you aren't a pilot. Just means you can't fly. Good luck with solving your FSX problem.Dennis
Very true. I had to sell my Harley last year but I'm still a biker.

George,please explain which is your FSX - PMDG issue and we will surely try to help you.Problems can be fixed, don't worry.

If it's the mouse-wheel problem try deleting your fsx.cfg (after backing it up) & letting fsx build a new file. I've had some strange, inexplicable problems cleared up by doing that even after a clean install.Also check your hardware assignments in fsx/ezca & make sure the mouse wheel isn't already assigned to some function.

I don't really understand the problem... If it is FSX that doesn't work, have you tried to install FSX + Service pack 1 + Service pack 2 ? And after that maybe tweak FSX with one program at a time. If you tweak all at the same time you may have trouble finding out what the problem is. Would also like to help but 10000 km is also too much.Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I don't really understand the problem... If it is FSX that doesn't work, have you tried to install FSX + Service pack 1 + Service pack 2 ? And after that maybe tweak FSX with one program at a time. If you tweak all at the same time you may have trouble finding out what the problem is. Would also like to help but 10000 km is also too much.Manfred
I think he's referring to this topic... (could be wrong though)http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347414-mouse-wheel-not-working-anymore-for-mcp-knobs/page__fromsearch__1

Hi fellow simmers, thanks for all of your responses, sorry when I penned this topic and forgot that we weren't MIND READERS. I was so confused and out of it when this happens. It was just all I tried didn't work!!!. Please forgive me.I have FSX w/ ACCEL, which should include SP1 &S P2. The FSX ver. is 10.061637.0. I added PMDG 737 8/900 NGX.I have FS 9 on my C Drive and my FSX on my J Drive. I have a NVIDA GTX 460 card and I installed the Venetubo. com Tweaks.The problems that I have are: after I do the pre-flight setup, (FMC FUEL PAYLOAD ROUTE DEP ARR everything to do) and get ready for take off, I tried to change the view on the instument panel it locked up and it gave me a fatal error, FSX restart.I had other problems when I did get flying at cruise and tried to change something in the FMC with my mouseit locked up and did the same thing.I haven't been able to complete a flight, so far.I still have my touble with my mouse scroll wheel, in that it doesn't work in changing feq., headings,etc. with FSX.I can change these items with my mouse buttons.also, is there anyway to get a view of the throttle quad, so I can see when I change the TRIM indicator.I don't no if I didn't something in the right order or if I didn't do something I was supposed to do. Either way I must be doing something wrong. I know from reading the forum, that other simmers including yourselves must be doing something right and getting the full enjoyment of this GREAT Product.Any help would be greatly appreciated,George Clark

George I also have an Alienware and live in Hendersonville, TN (about 45 minutes away). I run the NGX with no issues on my system and have since the day it came out. I would be more than happy to help out a fellow simmer if need be. I work nights during the week so it would be during a weekend. Just pm me on the message board if you still need help.

Sean Green

Hi fellow simmers, thanks for all of your responses, sorry when I penned this topic and forgot that we weren't MIND READERS. I was so confused and out of it when this happens. It was just all I tried didn't work!!!. Please forgive me.I have FSX w/ ACCEL, which should include SP1 &S P2. The FSX ver. is 10.061637.0. I added PMDG 737 8/900 NGX.I have FS 9 on my C Drive and my FSX on my J Drive. I have a NVIDA GTX 460 card and I installed the Venetubo. com Tweaks.The problems that I have are: after I do the pre-flight setup, (FMC FUEL PAYLOAD ROUTE DEP ARR everything to do) and get ready for take off, I tried to change the view on the instument panel it locked up and it gave me a fatal error, FSX restart.I had other problems when I did get flying at cruise and tried to change something in the FMC with my mouseit locked up and did the same thing.I haven't been able to complete a flight, so far.I still have my touble with my mouse scroll wheel, in that it doesn't work in changing feq., headings,etc. with FSX.I can change these items with my mouse buttons.also, is there anyway to get a view of the throttle quad, so I can see when I change the TRIM indicator.I don't no if I didn't something in the right order or if I didn't do something I was supposed to do. Either way I must be doing something wrong. I know from reading the forum, that other simmers including yourselves must be doing something right and getting the full enjoyment of this GREAT Product.Any help would be greatly appreciated,George Clark
That is not related to something wrong you do into NGX.You can update you graphic card drivers first, windows update second and disk clean up third and reboot the pc. To start.I would then eventually uninstall NGX , removing all the panels states ( I do not recall the location path but you can search for it ) and after a pc reboot you can reinstall NGX from scratch applying the latest PMDG 737 NGX SP available.At this point you can retry.It is not assured you'll have the problem fixed but you have reached a good point to think about further steps, if it fails.This is not a light problem so you have to approach the issue step by step but sooner or later we will fix it.BTW, do you experience issues also with other games / applications / software or only with NGX ?