Sign in to follow this  
FLYINGJB

Supronov YAK-40 - How to Get Flaps to Work ?

Hi All:I just got the YAK-40 from Supronov Design. Can anyone tell me how to get the flaps up and down please ? I have everything else running and have a flap swicth on my CH dual throttle quadrant, but when I press this swicth the flaps do not work. I have no problems with other planes.Many thanks for any advice as it is a cool plane !JB

It's in the manual. Section 11. They work like the real version in a 'press and hold manner' to quote Igor.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

It's in the manual. Section 11. They work like the real version in a 'press and hold manner' to quote Igor.
Thanks Gavin...do I just hold the CH Throttle switch I have assigned to flaps down ? Also I could not find the flap switch on the panels anywhere due to the RussianTks?..JB

I think you'll have to hold down the F key, although it may be worth trying what you mentioned. Also you can change to an English language cockpit in the VC. Can't remember how as I'm away from my comp/manual. This is the only aircraft I use a VC on ;-)

Gavin Barbara

It's been a long time, but I think the F7 key is to lower by increments, F8 full extended, F6 up in increments, F5 up full. Again, I know this is close. Try that. Also, I made the english sound set way back when, if you want english flight deck callouts and such. That should be available on the site. Also, one more thing...In the VC only , you can change it to english panels, so you now can read the indicators if you don't understand russian. I sure don't either. Best, Jeff

Yes that's right. Sorry, when i said the F key I meant F number keys. It slipped my mind that our alphabet also contains an F ;-)

Gavin Barbara