Sign in to follow this  
woweezowee

X-Plane 10.03 Beta-1

new beta update available:http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/xplane-news/message/1716

X-Plane 10.03 Beta-1 is here!Run your v-10 updater to grab it.grab your updaters here if needed:http://www.x-plane.com/x-plane-10-alternative-downloads/We continue to work on optimizations and bug-fixes to make this sim perfect!Have at it and let me know how it goes!austinX-Plane 10.03 Beta 1AircraftForward-no-panel views now never show random parts of the airplane. This mayhelp some users with performance in that view.Fixed a number of rendering bugs with HDR mode and weapons, including weaponswith missing or pixelated fuselages.Steerable landing light goes in the right direction.Fix for v9 aircraft crashing when saved in v10 format.Fixed needle deflection generic instrument to actually deflect.UpdaterWhen this beta is updated to the next, restarting X-Plane on Mac/Lin won't failwith a UDP socket error.Web update URL fixed - this may help with some ISPs.General DataUpdated Nav and Airport database to 2011.13 to correct problems withincorrect/impossible controller comm frequencies e.g.(109.60)Scenery/RenderingV9 DSF roads with duplicate points will load correctly.Fixed black spots in KSEA demo area.Stars dimmed slightly.ATCFixed issue where going to some remote untowered airports would cause the AIaircraft to spawn and be destroyed repeatedly.ATC now continues to function even in special situationse.g.(Tow/Shuttle/Carrier etc.)Fixed several smaller stability issues related to active zones.Fixed broken runway phrase during takeoff/landing clearances.ATC now properly stops running when the sim is paused, in replay mode or in amodal dialog.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

This patch made a huge difference in performance for me and the roads do look better...

This patch made a huge difference in performance for me and the roads do look better...
Same here and no stutters.

Performance is largely the same for me, and HDR still randomly gives me single digit framerates.
I apologise in advance if you have already answered this question, but what are your system specs? I know that HDR is VERY heavy on performance.

My performance has dropped a little bit. I don't know what exactly but I think I may have lost ~ 10fps. I will play around with the settings again but it seems to come and go. Good FPS and then not so good for reasons I can't quite figure out.

I apologise in advance if you have already answered this question, but what are your system specs? I know that HDR is VERY heavy on performance.
Linux 64-bitPhenom X6 1090TnVidia GTX4608GB RAMNot bleeding edge, I know, but here's what's odd about this: I can start up the sim and get good performance with HDR enabled. I'll take off, fly around for a few minutes, then suddenly I'm looking at a slide show. Other times I'll play through the whole 10-minute time limit without a hitch. And still other times it's a slide show right from the start. There's no rhyme or reason for it that I can tell. Thankfully I get great performance without HDR and med-high graphics settings.
My performance has dropped a little bit. I don't know what exactly but I think I may have lost ~ 10fps. I will play around with the settings again but it seems to come and go. Good FPS and then not so good for reasons I can't quite figure out.
Yes, frame rate consistency does seem to be an issue.

All I can suggest is to hang in there. All problems WILL be addressed. File bug reports whenever possible. It sure does sound strange. Almost like there's a memory leak somewhere (gradual fps slowdown) but as you say, it doesn't happen every time.

I seem to be getting beter again, not sure what it was, I tried different aircraft and some settings I though could have been responsibe but tnothing pops up. If I nail the reason I will submit a bug.

All I can suggest is to hang in there. All problems WILL be addressed. File bug reports whenever possible. It sure does sound strange. Almost like there's a memory leak somewhere (gradual fps slowdown) but as you say, it doesn't happen every time.
I have some really strange behavior of XP10 on my system. Tuning like Ben suggested is impossible because I never get coherent results. Same settings deliver quite different framerates - even in the same places, higher settings sometimes bring higher settings than lower ones. I can start with 50 FPS on ground and end up with 15-20 FPS only 30 seconds later, having frozen screens now and then. Sometimes changing a setting kills 50% of my framerate (HDR, water, shadow), sometimes it takes just 5%. My system should handle XP quite well (W7, i7 2600k@4,2 GHZ, 8GB Ram, GTX560oc, SATA-III SSD, 24") and monitoring ressources I found that XP during flight never maxes out CPU (usually 60% on one core, even less on the others) and GPU (load does not exceed 60% either, plenty of VRAM and system RAM available) - nevertheless framerates get killed.Will stop tuning for now and wait until Ben investigates those performance problems and NVIDIA bugs. Something is awfully wrong here...

Linux 64-bitPhenom X6 1090TnVidia GTX4608GB RAMNot bleeding edge, I know, but here's what's odd about this: I can start up the sim and get good performance with HDR enabled. I'll take off, fly around for a few minutes, then suddenly I'm looking at a slide show. Other times I'll play through the whole 10-minute time limit without a hitch. And still other times it's a slide show right from the start. There's no rhyme or reason for it that I can tell. Thankfully I get great performance without HDR and med-high graphics settings.Yes, frame rate consistency does seem to be an issue.
Do you have unity or any 3d effects active on your desktop ? I noticed some bad performances with unity, now I log on unity 2d and it works fine.

I don't have XPX yet but I can vouch for that. Heavy desktop stuff like unity (which I no longer bother with) hammers a graphic intensive program.

Do you have unity or any 3d effects active on your desktop ? I noticed some bad performances with unity, now I log on unity 2d and it works fine.
I'm running KDE with compositing effects. I should try disabling it and see what happens.Edit: Doesn't make a difference. I get identical framerates with and without compositing. I think KDE automatically disables compositing when running 3D apps full screen anyway.

My frames are the same with this release, but HDR still very heavy.I am also having issues with saving a flight. Twice when saving, I got an AppCrash. When the save is successful, and I reload, the altitude once loaded is way off. I did not check but when saved I was about 2500, but when reloaded I was at least double. Minor, but annoying.Bob