Sign in to follow this  
KingCat

Captain FMS not working

I'm having 2 problems with the captain FMS when starting from a cold and dark cockpit.1. Whenever I have turned on the Battery and started the APU, I get the message "Dual FMC OP Restored". However the FMS on the captains side remains blank.I have attached 2 screenshots with this post (one of the screens in the cockpit and one of the overhead). I hope someone can tell me what is wrong here.When I click on the captains FMS in the VC, then the 2D FMS panel displays and the FMS suddenly comes alive (2D and VC). So it's a bit strange that the 2D FMS panel does work and the FMS in the VC does not.2. My second problem is when starting from a cold and dark cockpit and I want to set the payload and fuel in the FMS, I have to click on the "Menu" button on the FMS and hold for 2 secs. to bring it alive. However this does not work. If I click on the "Menu" button and hold the left mousebutton, nothing happens. The "hand cursor" changes to a "finger cursor" but immediately reverts back to the "hand cursor". Same problem happens when trying to turn it off again.Any help is appreciated with these 2 problems.Jon

My Captains FMS comes up blank as well, even starting with the engines running.My work around is to click on the FMS screen, this brings up the 2D FMS the click again on the Captains FMS and it is restored. Looking for a permanent fix.

there is a file edit to fix this do a search in the forum and you will find this, cheers

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

there is a file edit to fix this do a search in the forum and you will find this, cheers
Unfortunately the fix you're referring to (which can be found here: http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2160799) does not solve the problem. In fact in reverses the problem. Because when you do the edit mentioned in the link, the captains FMS stays on all the time. Even when you're starting from a cold and dark cockpit, the captain FMS is already on!And that still does not solve the "Menu button" problem I mentioned in my OP.Jon

Load the panel state, double click on the CDU to load it in 2d, then click again to close the 2d cdu, save the panel state. The problem will gone.If your CDU remains ON, push and keep pushed MENU button.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Mine does this as well. I just click the screen and it works fine.I also just noticed today, my nose gear scrubber sound has dissapeared.

Well this confirms that there is definitely something wrong with the FMS as I'm not the only one with this problem. I've sent PMDG a support ticket, and hopefully they can fix it in SP1b.@davierosoft:The problem is I cannot push and hold the "Menu button" to turn it on and off again because that does not work. I've already explained that in my OP (see problem# 2).Jon

This problem is related to a wrong saved panel state of the SP1, they are aware about it till the release date of SP1.No other users reported other things about it.While the screen is not working (it is in 2d mode) the VC fmc is not working, so also the menu button. It will works again if FMC is restored in VC mode.To do it, push 2 or 3 times the CDU screen until you pop up and close the 2d FMC. When closed the VC will fully work again.Save the panel state, seti it as default (to eliminate the possibility to have it back) and you will fix.If the problem is still present there is something wrong in your installation and so, only pmdg can help you.

Regards

Andrea Daviero