Sign in to follow this  
kris259

FMC help ?

Hey I am new to the site..I have had a problem with the Level-D 767 I just got. I try to do the FMC waypoints and it says "Not in Database" . What should I do ? I went to this site where they had all the updates but it cost money to buy the points to get it. I am not paying for updates on the FMC of an aircraft I just bought...Worst comes to worse I will just use the GPS. How do I get the default GPS, or a downloaded one, into the Level-D 767 ?

You can add any airport, navaid, or fix to the FMC navdata files but you must be very careful when doing so. If you decide to try, backup any file before you attempt to alter it.You need to understand field and record lengths to add anything and the lengths vary with each file. They also must be added in the correct sequence which, again, varies with the different files. Before trying anything, you should study the format of each file, and, if you try to add something, copy an existing entry and alter it to your required entry and then make sure it goes in the correct place. If the field/record length is wrong, or it's not entered in the correct place, the NavData file will not work.If you're not familiar with field lengths, etc. I would not recommend trying it without considerable study first, and if you go ahead, BACKUP FIRST.They can all be opened and altered in Notepad, even the .xml files.There is no GPS in the LDS 767. It isn't required with such a good FMS.If you fly on-line, you will almost certainly need up-to-date navdata and charts, but if you don't, it isn't necessary. I just alter my Navdata files to suit my sceneries and charts because I never fly on-line.Colin B