Sign in to follow this  
benny948

Traffic X

Does anyone know how to create a flight plan in Traffic X? I chose EGLC for departure and selected KJFK for landing in the flight plan page for BA. I filled in everything, it saved, and I was done. However, I never see this route appear at EGLC. Is there something I missed, I even chose the aircraft (Concorde).

You need to recompile the traffic file BGL once you make changes such as adding or removing routes or adjusting traffic density. I created some of my own GA and airline routes, and it worked fine for me.The help PDF is quite clear. Good luck!Fabs

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

You need to recompile the traffic file BGL once you make changes such as adding or removing routes or adjusting traffic density.I created some of my own GA and airline routes, and it worked fine for me.The help PDF is quite clear.Good luck!Fabs
Could you please clarify this, what help PDF?

Hi,I'm no expert but Just Flight's Traffic X interface is a database management system where schedules, routes, airlines, aircraft information and traffic movements can be seen and/or adjusted to suit needs.All native (original/standard) traffic in FSX is set by a single traffic BGL which is a scenery file containing aircraft movements for both airlines and GA, and it's located under scenery/world/scenery (this is from memory, please check!). Traffic X, along with other traffic management addons, replaces this BGL with one or more traffic BGL's of their own. of course Traffic X ships with a traffic BGL already in place so you can get going straight away, but you may want to amend some routes etc.For instance, I noted that at LFLB, a Fokker 70 kept landing on the grass runway, so I needed to adjust the parameters of this aircraft type so that it used appropriately surfaced runway's. This can be done in the editor, but in the end, I simply deleted the offending flights from the airlines database - simpler cleaner, easier!Doing this, or making any other change using the DB editor, makes no difference to the existing traffic BGL file as this remains the same as it always did; changes in the database aren't reflected in the sim "live" as it were. Therefore, you have to go to the editor and recompile (recreate) the BGL traffic file so that it contains your updated information. You can make several changes to the database, new routes, aircraft types etc, and then you can recompile the BGL file and replace the existing Traffic X BGL, except that it's best never to overwrite anything; instead, rename the existing traffic BGL file to another name NOT using BGL as the file extension (so it's not read and used by FSX), or you could move it somewhere safe in your documents, and then you could recreate a new BGL file using a name to reflect your changes so you know which file contains which changes.There are two tutorials available as PDF downloads from the JF Traffic X site. These are quite clear, and I would suggest having a look at them because these may be far more accurate than my own assessment!The is extensive help at the JF web site, and they are good at responding to enquiries. Good luck!Fabs

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"