Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Shooting approaches at Kai Tak

I am very lucky to live in a city where I have access to a public full-motion NGX/32X simulator. Will be doing some VHHX approaches (among other things). In preparation for that, I have been practicing the checkerboard approach quite a bit. Here are some screenshots from my practice sessions.Last one is an MD-11 wing view above HK which kinda fits with the theme.Hope you like.Thanks for looking.

Must have been fun! It's my favorite approach in the world to fly with any aircraft (though I do admit I avoid the NGX here to faithfully simulate it, also because I need a heavy!) Nice shots! If you're ever on VATSIM, pop me a message and I'll be more than happy to join the party!

David Malinowski

Former avid simmer, current college/uni student

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

12 GB Corsair/OCZ DDR3 2200 RAM

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

FSX SP2 (w/o Acceleration)

If you mean over at YVR's training facility yes I have thought the same myself. I was once there with a group of Air Cadets and when I inquired about their rates I was quite surprised to hear how affordable it was. May take the plunge one day and give it a try.Let us know how things go, better yet why not make a video if you are allowed.

\Robert Hamlich/

Awesome shots there!$600 + HST for an hour here in Toronto (CAE). 767 and A320 full motion. Two guys is $300 bones each.

you are also lucky that you can approach kai tak in the sim, lufthansa's simulators do not contain it anymore, you can fly the approach but the runway is displayed in its current status,btw flying a LH sim costs 800 and 900 euros for two hours depending on the type

Thanks for the link, I take it that is FLyTampa's Kai Tak? Been meaning to buy it for a while but after seeing it in your screenshots I am more than convinced to make the purchase.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks for the link, I take it that is FLyTampa's Kai Tak? Been meaning to buy it for a while but after seeing it in your screenshots I am more than convinced to make the purchase.
Make sure you select non-sdk setup for runway textures....

Thanks for the tip.

\Robert Hamlich/