Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Product ID: Registry Error Problem

After reinstalling FSX recently (after a HD went south on me), I started up FS2004 and got the EULA acceptance window. I clicked "yes" and FS2004 started up without a problem so I didn't give the odd incident further thought. I just happened to click on the "about" option under the Help menu and notice that instead of listing the Product ID number the screen says "Product ID: Registry Error". FS2004 starts up ok, but is this going to cause problems down the road? Will it keep addon scenery or aircraft from installing properly (if at all)? What's the best way to fix it? Uninstall the fs9.1 update and FS2004 itself then reinstall both or uninstall the former and just reinstall FS2004 over itself? Will either option screw up my FS9.cfg and scenery.cfg files or any aircraft/scnery addons I've installed on FS2004?I still have FS2002 installed on my system and the same thing happened to it as well...This is really odd. Neither FS2002 or 2004 were affected in any way the first time I installed FSX...

Thanks, Joe, I'll give it a try (I actually have it already, but wasn't sure it world work in this case. Still not sure if it will fix FS2002's product ID: registry error problem).

Bad news, Joe. It didn't work on FS9 (I'm assuming it won't work on FS2002 either). The "About Microsoft Flight Simulator" window still shows shows Product ID: Error. What now?

If your comfortable looking into the registry with regedit, look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0As long as the EXE path is OK I think your OK with addons working properly.What do you see on the version tab if you check the properties of the FS9.exe?If your using a ....modified FS9.exe you might try extracting the original from your install discs and use it.Sorry I can't be much help with FS2002.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif