Sign in to follow this  
fvapres

DVD Installer Issues - Query for Windows Users

While installing my new copy, I noticed a strange thing happening. This is for those that have the full version using the installers on a windows operating system, see if this happens to you:Start off using the DOWNLOADED installer (did this on the Disc1 installer as well, but found we shouldn't be using it on any OS)Once the contents of Disc 1 are finished, the installer will open the DVD tray, begging you to insert Disc 2, same with 3-8When I insert the next disc, the previous disc data is on the drive contents - open windows explorer, navigate to the disc drive - there is a file "Readme DVD X.txt" where X is the DVD numberIn order to get the actual disc information I have to eject the DVD, then close it again. Now windows updates the file information and the installer can continueIf I don't refresh the drive via eject/close again, the installer still sees the previous disc data and won't continue...by ejecting/closing again, windows refreshes to see the actual next disc and the installer will continue...Just looking for anyone else to see this issue. I have sent a bug report to LR, but would be nice to see if multiple people are having the issue.

While installing my new copy, I noticed a strange thing happening. This is for those that have the full version using the installers on a windows operating system, see if this happens to you:Start off using the DOWNLOADED installer (did this on the Disc1 installer as well, but found we shouldn't be using it on any OS)Once the contents of Disc 1 are finished, the installer will open the DVD tray, begging you to insert Disc 2, same with 3-8When I insert the next disc, the previous disc data is on the drive contents - open windows explorer, navigate to the disc drive - there is a file "Readme DVD X.txt" where X is the DVD numberIn order to get the actual disc information I have to eject the DVD, then close it again. Now windows updates the file information and the installer can continueIf I don't refresh the drive via eject/close again, the installer still sees the previous disc data and won't continue...by ejecting/closing again, windows refreshes to see the actual next disc and the installer will continue...Just looking for anyone else to see this issue. I have sent a bug report to LR, but would be nice to see if multiple people are having the issue.
Aaron,Check your email, you should have received an email from Austin.

Apparently, there is a glitch with disc 7. The downloaded installer stopped same spot. +70-100...ejected disc to get error about file path corrupt, clicked continue until installer resumed, hung again, finally kept installing DSFs for +10-00 and so on...we'll see how this goes next...Edit: another hang at -10+010/-03+15.dsf

If you get through it will with updater grab those missing/corrupt files or will it not update stuff that is in the dvd's, only stuff issued through patches?

I aborted the install on disk 7 with all the other files still in tact. I then switched DVD drives and manually copied all the files from Disk 7 to the proper folders (copy all folders in earth and nav data, overwriting files as necessary - to ensure no partial corrupt files), then I used the installer to add or remove scenery. This appears to have done the trick, but I installed all 6 disks previously with no issues until disk 7.

If you get through it will with updater grab those missing/corrupt files or will it not update stuff that is in the dvd's, only stuff issued through patches?
The updater only downloads EXE and navdata files, AFAIK. The DSF files are the mesh, vector and landclass that don't change from update to update. The other data such as airport and navdata are overlaid and that is updated.