Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Multiple monitor problem - severe performance drop

Hello all!I was hoping someone might be able to help me a bit with this issue.I have recently installed my FS9 onto Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.I have 4GB ram, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, a Nvidia 8600M GT 256MB graphics card and NVidia driver "GeForce 285.62 WHQL - [r285_58-0] which I downloaded a day or two ago, so I believe they are the latest.I have set an external monitor as one monitor, and my laptop screen as another - which I used to do all the time.The only problem is, with any aircraft, as soon as I undock a window in windowed mode, move it over, and then enter full screen mode - the sim just jerks at a few frames per second. I have tried various orders of doing it, rebooting, different a/c (PMDG, Level D, default) and I cannot figure out what is causing it. A Google search and a look around hasn't turned up much either.Would anyone here have the faintest idea what causes this?I have set the NVidia card up as per the instructions on the PMDG General forum with "nvidiainspector"Cheers for any help any of you could offer,RudyEdit - it now has suddenly started happening in FSX full-screen ONLY too. I cannot think of anything that I have changed that could cause this - apart from the installation of Active Sky Evolution.

That is the only problem with running FS9 on multi-monitors. You MUST run in windowed mode (I have 4 monitors set up on my rig). Going to full screen across 2 monitors will cause your box to lug exactly the way it's happening to you.

Hello Chuck. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it appears to happen in FSX also now. It's odd - it used to be fine for years under Windows XP 32 bit.Take care and thanks again,Rudy

Not a problem , Rudy. FYI, I've run both 32bit and 64 bit versions of XP (currently running 64 bit) and it has always happened. I wouldn't recommend changing OS's in the hope that it will alleviate this problem at all. Good luck!

Have a quick look in Inspector, in your FS profile you are using. In the 'Common' section;make sure that the 'Multi-display / mixed GPU Acceleration' line reads; Multiple display performance mode. ( not single display mode )not sure if it will help though,Ron.

..use to run 3 22" Monitors on a full screen, no matter what I did, I could not get resalable rate, moving to 42" Plasma increased rate dramatically Yair

Guest jahman
..use to run 3 22" Monitors on a full screen, no matter what I did, I could not get resalable rate, moving to 42" Plasma increased rate dramatically Yair
Rather than monitor size or type, what matters is total pixel count.Cheers,- jahman.