Sign in to follow this  
VegaSS

For all the X-Plane 10 lovers

Why don't you gander over to the X-Plane forum, look at the thread I started called "Screenshot/Video request" and take a look at the Las Vegas video. It was the most uninspiring thing I've seen to date, just a horrible representation of a city that is suppose to be in the "Desert". Flight will be miles ahead of XP10, mark my word.

threads like that are boring and won't help anyone.
That's your opinion, but I beg to differ. There is alot of negetive comments about what flight is or might be, so, pointing their attention to another sim, they just might realize just how good Flight will be. You have the option to avoid post like this if you feel, some will agree, some may not. Peace.gif

I can't find it, would you be so kind as to provide a link?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

At best, pointless conjecture. Flight could be the biggest steaming xxxxx ever developed, for all we know.At least with XP10, we know it (at least) has reasonable flight dynamics. You know how we know that? Because it's actually been *released*, and people can use the product to evaluate it before drawing comparisons.

Flight will be miles ahead of XP10, mark my word.
I think you meant to say "Flight will be miles away from XP10", after all Hawaii is miles away from Las Vegas!

At best, pointless conjecture. Flight could be the biggest steaming xxxxx ever developed, for all we know.At least with XP10, we know it (at least) has reasonable flight dynamics. You know how we know that? Because it's actually been *released*, and people can use the product to evaluate it before drawing comparisons.
sure Flight could be but isn't confirmed yet, as opposed to XP10!!! LOL.gif

As I understand X-Plane is a sim in constant development unlike the FS series which are retail products. Give XP10 some time and I'll bet it will look a lot better.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I remember the good ol' days of flight simming when people used to debate about physics and flight modeling.

sure Flight could be but isn't confirmed yet, as opposed to XP10!!! LOL.gif
We know XP10 has done a pretty admirable job with flight dynamics, while all we have from Flight is....30 screenshots of the exact same thing.Therefore it's still, for the sake of scoring, XP10 1, Flight 0.

As I understand X-Plane is a sim in constant development unlike the FS series which are retail products. Give XP10 some time and I'll bet it will look a lot better.
I don't think that they would make such a massive Autogen change as to fully re-update the sim. I think it is pretty much finished at this point.

I remember the good ol' days of flight simming when people used to debate about physics and flight modeling.
Which begs the question then...what exactly is the point of a "world" simulator if it looks nothing like the real world? Might as well just create a highly detailed area with bang on flight models.I realize your response will be the battle cry for XP going forward. It of course ignores the reality that many flight simmers, even in the good old days, love realistic representations of their surroundings while flying. There's a reason the 3rd party market is mostly real world scenery add ons.So XPers can hold their head high and pretend they are better simmers because they don't care if their cities and scenery look nothing like they should. Most people do care.The point of flight is not to feel a machine shake or flip a switch. It's to fly through the world outside the window. It all comes together to create a sense of reality.

I don't think that they would make such a massive Autogen change as to fully re-update the sim. I think it is pretty much finished at this point.
You're apparently not familiar with the way Laminar does things. They continue to add to and update X-Plane during the life of the product.

You're apparently not familiar with the way Laminar does things. They continue to add to and update X-Plane during the life of the product.
I understand... I used XP9. :PI still doubt that they would update it in such a way to RADICALLY change the way that LAS VEGAS looks ROFL.