Sign in to follow this  
slugger

X-Plane 10 Default ATC

Slugger,I tried it yesterday (XPX version 10.03.b1) and it worked just fine in most respects. The key is that you MUST put in the correct freq based on what your doing and where you are at. I understand that this is all still a work in progress and is being refined.I did file a flight plan to a small airport near KSEA. Started at a ramp, dialed up ATIS (KSEA 118.0), hit ENTER, filed the plan, dialed upGround on 121.7, got my instructions, taxi, etc.etc.There are no instructions within the XPX manual on how to specifically get it all running, just some general info, but again its a work inprogress.Can you make it work now? Yes, I had a complete flight. I can see right now that a plug-in that Sandy Barbour made for entering frequencies is just about a must in my opinion. All frequencies of interest are set into Com 1, as used of course.There is a button assignment called Contact ATC, hope someone comes with the ability for a Read-back button in the future, that would bevery handy, I hate running the mouse back to the top of the screen.I am not well versed yet in its operation but it sure looks and sounds good to me. If you have AI aircraft in the scheme of things you willhear tower, etc. giving them instructions and their readback. I just hope they assign "N" numbers to them one day, tired of listening to Papa 1, 2, etc.Once we get something installed besides the demo it will be interesting as to how it will work cross country.A fair amount of discussion about it going around so maybe someone with more experience will chime in.Regards,Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Hi Chuck!Thanks for the reply. By the way, here's an interesting link:http://www.x-plane.com/blog/category/air-traffic-control/Best,Slugger

I've had absolutely no success getting it to work. I can get my clearance-ground clearance (though the line on the taxiway it draws looks like the pilot had a few drinks). Get to the runway-no answer from tower. I've also tried an uncontrolled field-filed a flight plan-click pickup clearance and nothing happens.Seems very quirky and unreliable so far..

I've had absolutely no success getting it to work. I can get my clearance-ground clearance (though the line on the taxiway it draws looks like the pilot had a few two many drinks). Get to the runway-no answer from tower. I've also tried an uncontrolled field-filed a flight plan-click pickup clearance and nothing happens.Seems very quirky and unreliable so far..
The latest update is Beta 3 (Just updated and have the same issue as you with frames) Maybe Beta 2 that Goran posted was good, and it got broken in Beta 3. BTW it's these kind of issues and constant updates, that is going to keep the big developers like PMDG and Level-D away.OOPs Posted in wrong thread sorry, meant this in the Beta 2 thread.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d