Sign in to follow this  
Chris Zubris

Simple Manager Trouble...

Sirs: I'm having what I think is a Simple problem. When useing the Livery Manager I get a Windowed Message saying "Texture folder already Exists" and "Please enter a new texture folder below" ... This only happens w/ the 800wl, 900,and the 900wl (It loads the 600-700wl's). Has anyone ever experienced this problem and what should I do with it. Thank You..........

Had the same before, after reinstalling.Delete the excisisting folders before reinstalling.Jim

Sir: Do you mean Uninstall everything (Liverys, Update [sP],and NGX 600-900wl) And start over from the Installer. Or just reinstall the Liverys ?? Another question are their two SP (Updates) one for 600-700wl and one for 800-900wl or is their just one. Thank You for the Re-Ply...

New livery manager that has a way to fix this is coming with SP1B. If you really must have it now, submit a ticket and I'll send it to you.You can fix this manually by deleting all the Texture.XX folders that correspond to the liveries. It happens when you install the service pack without first removing the liveries - it overwrites the aircraft.cfg but leaves the texture folders there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sirs: Problem solved, by deleteing the Texture files (Manually) left over from a previous install. The new liverys installed prefectly. Thank You for the re-ply and information.

New livery manager that has a way to fix this is coming with SP1B. If you really must have it now, submit a ticket and I'll send it to you.You can fix this manually by deleting all the Texture.XX folders that correspond to the liveries. It happens when you install the service pack without first removing the liveries - it overwrites the aircraft.cfg but leaves the texture folders there.
I reinstalled a new download yesterday (i.e. fully updated with SP1B), but the Texture Folder Already Exists box is still coming up for me. What should I do, please? If it's just a matter of deleting existing texture folders, where will I find them - and is it just a matter of dragging them to the recycle bin, or does one have to restart the PC?Many thanks.David AbrahamsLondon

Well, guys, I've learned that when there's no reply from the Avsim community,it usually means the answer's obvious ... So I tried the Search function again with different phrasing and found out where the texture folders are.I followed Ryan's earlier advice regarding what to delete, except I didn't delete the aircraft.cfg or aircraft.cfg_old, because I'd just reinstalled the whole NGX basic package. The new liveries did install fine, but should I have deleted those two cfg files, even though they apparently arrived with the reinstallation? I guess the liveries will be fine anyway, but just want to be sure I won't have bought myself trouble by not deleting the two aircraft cfg files. My assumption from Ryan's earlier advice on this was that it only applied to pre-SP1B installations.Would that be correct?Most grateful for any advice either way.David